General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Jun-11 12:32:32
Print Post

FTTC Cabs Power Supply

[link to this post]

Openreach's contractors have been busy recently in my area installing new FTTC cabs.

One question, I presume that these cabs are powered from the local 230 volt supply. Therfore do you normally see a seperate small cabinet for the 230 volt connection, as we see around here for 3G masts, traffic lights etc? Have yet to spot one near a FTTC cab, so wondering whether Openreach are having the electricity supply fuse/cutout installed within the cab? Vodafone's 3G cab installed a couple of years back has a seperate power box as does a Puffin Crossing installed a few weeks ago.

Cheers!

Clive

"As I hurtled through space towards re-entry at twice the speed of sound the only thought in my mind was that this craft was entirely built by the lowest bidder! John Glen, Astronaut

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

Standard User Ribble
(member) Wed 01-Jun-11 13:34:56
Print Post

Re: FTTC Cabs Power Supply

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

The manis supply is contained within the cabinet, in a seperate compartment on the side with a mains warning sticker on it
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Jun-11 14:03:37
Print Post

Re: FTTC Cabs Power Supply

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thanks for that.

That's a neater arrangement than used for some other street furniture.

Makes you wonder why they don't do similar for other cabinets. Unless its a case of who gets there first? ie if the electricity supplier's contractor arrives and nowhere to fit their fuse/cutout, then in goes their small cabinet.

Cheers!

Clive

"As I hurtled through space towards re-entry at twice the speed of sound the only thought in my mind was that this craft was entirely built by the lowest bidder! John Glen, Astronaut

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to