General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Jun-11 19:44:24
Print Post

Cabinet question

[link to this post]

My line goes to PCP 5, and according to the BTW line checker the FTTC services should be available from 1st July.

Now there is zero activity around this cab, but the next cab along the main road (number 72) has a shiny new FTTC cabinet next to it, and there was a lot of activity with lots of vans last week and the pavement dug up etc. So this is likely to be live if not now, then shortly.

The two cabs are approximately 287m apart and so I doubt cab 5 can be linked to the same FTTC cabinet due to the amount of cabling that would require crossing 4 road junctions - the road works would be insane.

Should I see works start soon to hit a 1st July date, or can everything be done pretty quickly?

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Jun-11 20:13:56
Print Post

Re: Cabinet question

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

My cabinet took a total of around 3 or 4 days to complete, it was only put in place on May 19th, and it has already gone live. The go live date was 30th June.

Sky Broadband
Unlimited
Standard User Ribble
(member) Fri 03-Jun-11 20:15:03
Print Post

Would need to start very soon or the date will be pushed back. The cabinets wont be linked for FTTC services

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Jun-11 20:19:38
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

thanks - that's what I was suspecting.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 03-Jun-11 20:46:27
Print Post

Well our cabinet was done 2 weeks ago, from start to finish it took 4 days including 1 day where the road had to be shut as the FTTC cab was on the other side of the road facing the phone cabinet and a big trench was dug connecting them together.

So far though still unable to order Infinity.
Standard User WWWombat
(member) Sun 05-Jun-11 02:53:15
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Don't be too sure that it is *done*. Installation of power is usually done by separate people, to separate timescales, and can come well after the cabinet itself, and any roadworks associated with the tie cables to the PCP.
  Print Thread

Jump to