General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Unconfirmed
(learned) Mon 06-Jun-11 11:38:24
Print Post

FTTC Accuracy

[link to this post]

It seems a number of exchanges have been updated on SamKnows to show FTTC status as 'Enabled in Some Areas' (Wrexham for instance). My phone number (not in Wrexham) shows as FTTC enabled on SamKnows but not available on the BTWholesale/BTinfinity checkers. I'm guessing the BT checkers are more accurate, but where is SamKnows getting it's data from? Could this indicate an upgrade sooner than expected?

It's also only just been updated to show ADSL2 enablement from back in March.
Standard User Justo
(learned) Mon 06-Jun-11 12:58:09
Print Post

Re: FTTC Accuracy

[re: Unconfirmed] [link to this post]

Samknows is not very accurate - it also shows my line as BT FTTC ready but it's not - the cabinet I'm connected to hasn't had the FTTC mate installed yet. At the end of the day, find your cabinet and see if a FTTC one has been put in yet (and is humming) otherwise you're still some time away from getting the service.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 06-Jun-11 13:33:50
Print Post

I also notice that SamKnows is suddenly saying that FTTC is available in my area, but I have not seen BT do any work in the area on street cabinets. I haven't even seen our exchange in the current rollout plan. Mind you, we did suddenly get 21CN in March unannouced, so who knows?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Unconfirmed
(regular) Mon 06-Jun-11 14:17:03
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I'm hoping that it's showing something that's in the pipeline, otherwise my exchange is years away from FTTC.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 06-Jun-11 14:23:12
Print Post

Also hoping!
Standard User gmoorc
(member) Mon 06-Jun-11 14:35:40
Print Post

Mine too.
Got an enable date for 21CN in October and it says FTTC is available in some areas although haven't seen the exchange on any list or any work being done on cabinets.
Standard User WWWombat
(member) Mon 06-Jun-11 14:52:28
Print Post

Openreach have a page that is much more accurate on an exchange level: Openreach where & when. Well, they used to be updated every month, but the current documents are still dated early April.

They also have a briefings page, which got monthly roll-out updates last year, but they seem to have stopped too.

But for you, and your phone number, the regular BT Wholesale checker seems to be most accurate, no matter which ISP you choose.
Standard User FRS_Plunderer
(experienced) Mon 06-Jun-11 14:53:37
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

meh... the guy that probably updates that is likely on his summer holiday.
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Jun-11 18:26:22
Print Post

[re: Justo] [link to this post]

In the case of FTTC & "Samknows"

Samknows really doesn't know nothing and is rubbish.

tbh the site went downhill a while ago.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-HomeHub3
Sync 40000D 10000U
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 06-Jun-11 20:45:42
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

They may have read the exchange/post code/cabinet spreadsheet several of us have, which has a column headed "Deployed".

If they have taken that as "available" when it says Yes, or "available in some areas" if some but not all rows say Yes, that would explain it. There is a definition of "Deployed" at the top. It means deployed or scheduled frown. So just means at some point it should happen, or might have been deployed some time ago like ours.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to