General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 06-Jun-11 21:17:04
Print Post

FTTC House Move

[link to this post]

I suspect, being as our delicious connections are so new, that no one has yet tried to move house with a FTTC connection.. And I am going to be the guinea pig.. I know it's bizarre, considering we only got connected in March, but such is how these things go. Fortunately, new house can get FTTC. Sadly the speed estimate on the checker is about half our current sync (14 down, and 5 up), but better than the ADSL estimate of 1 - 4Mbps down..

On the plus side, we are moving to another town, so a new line will be ordered before we take occupation and hopefully we'll only have a day or 2 without a connection..
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 06-Jun-11 22:35:31
Print Post

Re: FTTC House Move

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

Are you on Infinity, or some other ISP not BT?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Jun-11 08:58:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Aquiss, as I bill it through my company.. Going to take some careful juggling, but based on the service I've had form them in the past, it should be a breeze.. laugh

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 07-Jun-11 09:28:18
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

That will be OK. Just that if it had been Infinity then you couldn't have had that at the new address. That would have meant more juggling.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
  Print Thread

Jump to