General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ffox
(member) Tue 07-Jun-11 11:27:02
Print Post

Connected to FFTC at last

[link to this post]

I ordered Infinity on March 3rd. Order after order was rejected for various reasons to do with the MAC: eg invalid, doesn't match up with phone line, MAC not supplied! This continue with a second MAC so after 6 weeks I ditched Infinity and placed an order with Plusnet.

Orders started being rejected again, despite obtaining a 3rd MAC, but one of the Plusnet support guys took ownership of the problem. Eventually BTW admitted there was a glitch in their MAC handling procedures. 12 days later they reported that it had been fixed, Plusnet re-ordered FTTC for me and the order was accepted.

The installation took place this morning. The engineer was here for 45 minutes and didn't want a coffee. All is working well - throughput with tbb speedtest is 35.5 Mbps.

So for those of you who have had orders rejected for inexplicable reasons, try again now and you will probably be lucky.

Plusnet Value Fibre, Netgear WNR 1000, St Ives Cambs
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 07-Jun-11 11:49:27
Print Post

Re: Connected to FFTC at last

[re: ffox] [link to this post]

Enjoy smile.

Bit of a pain getting there, let's hope the glitch is solved for all not just you.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
  Print Thread

Jump to