General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User homer79
(newbie) Tue 14-Jun-11 10:25:16
Print Post

FTTC delays

[link to this post]

Yet again for the 3rd time, the date for my cabinet has been pushed back again today.
I really dont get why BT leave the odd cabinet just left powered up and left running for months and months without it being enabled.
I've seen multiple posts about cabinets being pushed back again and again and again. I dread to think about the amount of money
BT have lost for people willing to pay for FTTC and not being able to have it.
Surely BT should adopt the thinking that they finish what they have started, before moving on to the next.
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 14-Jun-11 11:17:56
Print Post

Re: FTTC delays

[re: homer79] [link to this post]

The issue might be related to something at the exchange level, rather than an individual cabinet.

I agree it's painful to watch, but it could be that they are waiting on resource (as in someone who can fix the issue at the exchange) rather than just taking the mick..
Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 14-Jun-11 11:23:15
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

That would be a reasonable explanation for an occasional slippage but to me, the frequency with which it seems to be happening implies exceptionally poor planning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM & Speed
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 14-Jun-11 11:33:37
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

looking at posts today it seems that with 2 weeks to go beofre the end of the quater and anybody who had a 30 June / 1 July date has had it pushed back to at least 30th September.

We have had the cabs installed a month ago and suddenly we're now at 30th September.

BT needs to get better at providing information, although I notice the infinity ads have dropped off for now as I suppose a rush of people phoning sales when they can't get it defeats the point.
Standard User Adam3k
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jun-11 12:24:57
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Same,

Been tracking it for the past 2 weeks, All cabs installed and live on the estate, final one was done 6 weeks ago.

Today 30th Sept.. if i could sware on here i would. Its stupid!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FirstGroupDynamics Bonded WBC 22.7Mbps Download & 2.2Mbps Upload. Transit provided by Level3

Edited by Adam3k (Tue 14-Jun-11 12:25:54)

Standard User andew
(regular) Tue 14-Jun-11 12:56:19
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

I doubt its down to an exchange problem as there are other cabinets on that exchange that have gone live.

Probably even more frustrating for the OP is that travelling about 1/2 mile from where he lives he ends up in a FTTC enabled area.

Andrew
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 14-Jun-11 13:50:17
Print Post

[re: andew] [link to this post]

Same here on the Bridgend Exchange. The Exchange was enabled 9 months ago, and bt.com/infinity show'd 30/06/2011 as my go live date. Checked it this morning, and it's now 30/09/2011. Have BT delayed all the June releases?
Standard User WWWombat
(member) Tue 14-Jun-11 15:37:03
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Have BT delayed all the June releases?

It will be pretty much automatic - anything that still has a provisional date of "end Q2" (ie end of June) will have it changed to a provisional date of "end Q3". BT seem to make this change around 2 weeks before the end of each quarter - I watched the same happen for last September & December, then this March.

It won't affect the actual date your cabinet is ready - it is just BT's way of doing it. Infuriating though!

The other usual procedure is that, when a cabinet is ready, the date will suddenly change from the provisional "end-Q" date to a real one, and usually around 1-2 weeks away (although it has been as little as 1 or 2 days). It is still quite plausible for some of the dates that just changed from June to September to get changed back to real dates in June.
Standard User reuben
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jun-11 16:02:19
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Cabinets in my area (Lee Green exchange) are in the process of being installed (with power) over the last 2 months. The exchange RFS date was Sept 11 but today it changed Dec 11 in the updated document.

On the BT wholesale checker the date for my line has gone from 30 Sept to 1 Dec. The only consolation with this delay is there's a better chance of Be / Sky releasing their FTTC products and I won't end up stuck for 12 months with a BT wholesale product.

Reuben
Standard User philippercival
(committed) Tue 14-Jun-11 18:46:26
Print Post

[re: homer79] [link to this post]

Today check for NECOX reveals that our date has slipped to the 30th Sept as well.

The cabinet is in however I have no idea what is inside it. When I asked the engineer working there a couple of weeks ago, how long? his estimate was that it would be ready about a week before the original date of the 30th June. Frustrating, but I am delighted that we are at least on the list and the cabinet is in place.

Fingers crossed for a miracle.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to