General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pokchop1st
(newbie) Tue 14-Jun-11 16:16:42
Print Post

Haslington Exchange Cabinet 66.

[link to this post]

Since there is only us left by the looks of it,I have started a new post for our exchange,continuing on from the previous one.

re 66er Hi, previously Anonymous and fellow cabinet 66 sufferer here.
I do think we might need to give BT a nudge somehow. Not sure if we could just walk in to the exchange, but we could try. Would they be open at weekends though? Iíll e-mail you and we can figure something out.

re pokchop1st Just checked the BT Wholesale checker and guess what:-

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 30th September 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 29.4Mbps and upstream line speed of 6.4Mbps.

*****Y Typical,

Edited by pokchop1st (Tue 14-Jun-11 16:21:55)

Standard User WWWombat
(member) Tue 14-Jun-11 19:26:39
Print Post

Re: Haslington Exchange Cabinet 66.

[re: pokchop1st] [link to this post]

A word of encouragement:

3 months ago, my date had just slipped to June. The cabinet was there, but not live - yet all surrounding areas were already live, even though they got their cabinets at the same time.

It felt very much like BT had moved on, and forgotten to finish this one off. There was no way to find out any useful information from anyone, so I sent an email to Ian Livingstone (I also complained about the way their quarterly delays kept dashing expectations, but it seems nothing's changed there).

I got an answer, with him sending it on to the DSL bods, but I have no idea whether it caused any action. The cabinet did go live a week later...

You might want to try the same, and make the point that it is very frustrating to feel forgotten once the initial cabinets have gone live.
Standard User pokchop1st
(newbie) Tue 14-Jun-11 19:33:07
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Thanks for that Wombat,time to send ( Mr Livinginstone an email I presume).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jun-11 19:38:58
Print Post

Not sure if we could just walk in to the exchange, but we could try. Would they be open at weekends though?

Don't bother, if, and when someone comes to the door it'll be an engineer on their lunchbreak, they will have no idea, and will be miffed that you have wasted some of their precious 40 minutes. smile

Standard User 66er
(newbie) Tue 14-Jun-11 20:01:32
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WWWombat:
.... The cabinet was there, but not live ...

our problem is we don't even have a new cabinet.

Sorry, but who is Ian Livingston? If he can help, I suggest anyone else one here who is on cabinet 66 e-mails him, I certainly will, as soon as I can find his address.
Standard User 66er
(newbie) Tue 14-Jun-11 20:03:11
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thatís what I thought. It doesnít look like the kind of building you can just walk into and speak to the receptionist.
Standard User pokchop1st
(newbie) Tue 14-Jun-11 20:08:45
Print Post

[re: 66er] [link to this post]

I have sent Him an email just now.
ian.livingston@bt.com

Dear Mr Livingstone,
I am a very frustrated potential customer for your BT Infinity fttc broadband.
My exchange ( Haslington Exchange at Crewe Cheshire )has been enabled since March 2nd,My cabinet Number 66 was originally due to be enabled on 31March then was but back to June 30th.
Today it has been moved to Sept 30th ( Bt wholesale DSL checker),quite a few potential customers from the same cabinet are on a forum at ThinkBroadband.com and We all think it is extremely frustrating to feel forgotten when the initial cabinets have gone live and also there is no way of finding out any useful information from anywhere.
Hope you can help us in our quest to get a satisfactory result to our frustrations.
Thank you in advance.

Mr Evan Pugh,
97 Queens Park Drive,
Crewe,Cheshire.
CW2 7SN
Tel:
Standard User 66er
(newbie) Tue 14-Jun-11 20:09:27
Print Post

Might be easier communicating and possibly organising on here than by e-mail.

If Ian Livingston - (just found out CEO of BT) canít help, it might worth canvassing opinion in the area, see if anyone else cares. Possibly resort to having a chat to Edward Timpson?

Once I have the spare time I will send Mr Livingston and e-mail. Hopefully heíll see a lot of e-mails with the subject Cabinet 66 Haslington Exchange in his inbox.
Standard User pokchop1st
(learned) Tue 14-Jun-11 20:11:53
Print Post

[re: 66er] [link to this post]

Sorry, but who is Ian Livingston?

He is BT's Chief Executive Officer.smile

Just realised I've spelt his name wrong on the email.smile

Edited by pokchop1st (Tue 14-Jun-11 20:19:21)

Standard User 66er
(newbie) Tue 14-Jun-11 20:20:13
Print Post

Did some research. Decided to get typing. He now has an e-mail from me too smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to