General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 22-Jun-11 20:29:13
Print Post

Infinity ordering issues

[link to this post]

When trying to order Infinity over the internet i get a message saying there is technical issue to contact sales. When i contact sales they say theres a problem on the system and its passed to a technical team.

Its been a few days now... anyone else had similar issues and know how long it takes to be put right?

Sky Broadband
Unlimited
Standard User WWWombat
(committed) Wed 22-Jun-11 22:33:41
Print Post

Re: Infinity ordering issues

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

I had an "interesting" experience. It comes under the title of "What's the worst that could happen...?"

My order was through Plusnet, and (at first) went fine. When I tried to put the install back by a couple of days, the order got b0rked on BT's side (Wholesale or Openreach), and got stuck - couldn't be removed, fulfilled, or replaced. So we couldn't make *any* order at that point.

At that point it went through all manner of escalations at BT's side (I guess a "technical team" or two), BT still couldn't get rid of the duff order.

Eventually, they (BT) decided to just cancel my existing broadband, which just disappeared one night. We (ourselves & Plusnet) hadn't agreed to that step, mind...

It took 10 weeks from start to finish.
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 23-Jun-11 10:55:37
Print Post

Re: Infinity ordering issues

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

10 weeks? As long as the don't mess up my current broadband the wait won't bother me too much, its mad that they are faffing around with a customer wanting to give them over £40 a month

Sky Broadband
Unlimited

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to