General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User danyy993
(newbie) Wed 06-Jul-11 09:19:34
Print Post

FTTC Buckley Exchange WNBUC

[link to this post]

My Exchange is shown as going to go live for FTTC on 30/9/11, but checked everywhere, my postcode (CH7 3QG) says I can get it but my number says NO, Im devastated, is there anyway of checking what cabinet Im on to see if it is ever going to be upgraded
Many thanks
Dan
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 06-Jul-11 19:25:59
Print Post

Re: FTTC Buckley Exchange WNBUC

[re: danyy993] [link to this post]

Sorry, I don't know where you have seen something saying your postcode can get it, but the April Openreach schedule shows it as Cabinet 17 and not scheduled frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User charles1
(newbie) Wed 06-Jul-11 19:38:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The BTW checker for CH7 3QG reports:
" Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed between 9.6 to 12.6 Mbps and upstream line speed between 4.1 to 5 Mbps. "

---------------------------------------------------------------
O2 The All Rounder

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 06-Jul-11 20:00:23
Print Post

[re: charles1] [link to this post]

That doesn't mean to say it is scheduled to have the cabinet updated. The April spreadsheet doesn't say it won't be done, which it could do, just doesn't say it is planned yet. It reckons a 4.3 times speed increase over the norm for that postcode.

There may be a later document, but no-one has turned up with it yet. I would guess it is issued at best quarterly.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Jul-11 16:00:07
Print Post

[re: charles1] [link to this post]

Living not far away and knowing your area I find your speed somewhat low. You are quite close to the Buckley exchange and their 9.6 to 12.6 Mbps estimate based on 4.3 time your current expected speed puzzles me.

What distance does the speed checker say?

Cheers!

Clive

"As I hurtled through space towards re-entry at twice the speed of sound the only thought in my mind was that this craft was entirely built by the lowest bidder! John Glen, Astronaut

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

Standard User danyy993
(newbie) Thu 07-Jul-11 20:33:01
Print Post

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Hi Clive
I only currently get about 5mb, the exchange has just been upgraded to ADSL+2 so it has gone up from about 3.8 to about 5mb.
Samknows is showing I live this far away
, CH73QG
Exchange: Buckley (1150m away)
I was really hoping for the cab to be done, we have got openreach guyz all over the place at the moment, but there just pulling the cables thru, Ive had a chat to a few of them and they say your better off getting a local guy at the exchange, he may know, if its being done, the only cabinet I can find is up at the lights by Ewloe place, if that cab feeds our estate the Openreach Guy said he is sure thats being done as there is a joint been left in the cable
Thanks for the replies Guyz
Best regards
Dan

Edited by danyy993 (Thu 07-Jul-11 20:34:40)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 07-Jul-11 20:37:04
Print Post

Cabinets have the number on. Several on that exchange are being done, but it seems not no.17, which covers your postcode. Go check the number and if it is 17 see if there is activity near it. If it isn't, then go hunting.

Standard User danyy993
(newbie) Thu 07-Jul-11 20:40:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks mate, Ill go up and have a look now
Standard User danyy993
(newbie) Thu 07-Jul-11 20:49:42
Print Post

Right, you are right it is cabinet 17, that serves us, the thing is, the cable that is being run to feed our exchange is running past this cabinet within 2 feet, the open reach guy was sure today that they had left a joint by it, so hopefully they may do it
best regards
Dan
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Jul-11 21:00:09
Print Post

The spreadsheet referred to here: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/3999911-ver... (now removed, but not before I downloaded it) has your postcode listed. And has you on Cabinet P17.

I'm not sure what is going on.

I'm on the Hawarden exchange and currently SP Power Systems are connecting 230v to the cabs in Ewloe at Carlines Park. In Mancot, some FTTC cabs have yet to be fitted, I saw one today that had the base in. Yet SamKnows says that for Hawarden, FTTC is Available in some areas.

For 1150m I would have expected better than 3.8 Mb and 5 Mb on ADSL2+

I am at 1865m and pre ADSL2+ got around 4.5 to 5.5 Mb depending..... With my DrayTek holding synch for months on end. Now on ADSL2+ and have yet to get an ADSL2+ synch and have had anything up to 14 synchs per day. Current speed 5.0 Mb. Now, our local cable is 1950/1960's aluminium which is known bad news for ADSL. You should be on copper, so something not quite right there. When FTTC is available for me, my cab is about 500 metres away, not too sure how the aluminium will affect speeds then.

Perhaps you should show your line stats and someone with more knowledge comment on your current speed etc.

Good Luck!

Cheers!

Clive

"As I hurtled through space towards re-entry at twice the speed of sound the only thought in my mind was that this craft was entirely built by the lowest bidder! John Glen, Astronaut

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to