General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nickgrant123
(member) Tue 12-Jul-11 08:55:34
Print Post

I've found my fibre cabinet

[link to this post]

Months and months ago I noticed my exchange was due to get FTTC at the end of July. So I checked my post code and all online checkers said my cabinet was planned to get FTTC at the end of July. These dates changed to end of September. I managed to track down my cabinet and checked it once a week to see if any work was being carried out on installing the new green cab. Never spotted anything for months. But just out of interest I walked round the corner where the cabinet was and there it was, it was on the other street hidden behind some bushes. All the green cabinets I've ever seen have always been right next to the older one.

plusnet - since Mon 12th May 2008 - IP Profile 6000 - 7232 kbps / 448 kbps - 42 db / 6 db
Standard User cmn
(member) Tue 12-Jul-11 09:07:44
Print Post

Re: I've found my fibre cabinet

[re: nickgrant123] [link to this post]

Mine also turned up out of the blue 2 weeks ago in front of some bushes with no smaller old green cabinets in sight, it's being installed today, the engineer just called and he's doing the cabling now!
Standard User WWWombat
(committed) Tue 12-Jul-11 11:38:00
Print Post

Re: I've found my fibre cabinet

[re: nickgrant123] [link to this post]

They do have to be within a reasonable distance, but I've seen some quotes that the limit is 50 metres or 100 metres.

On this thread for West Yorkshire, there is one planning application that shows a distance of 84 metres. The fibre cabinet is well removed from the original PCP there.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to