General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jphil81
(newbie) Sat 16-Jul-11 22:03:44
Print Post

Trying to find suppliers for private fibre connection

[link to this post]

Our office is in an area that has very slow adsl and there are no dates listed for fttc.

I need a faster connection and would like the names of companies that are recommended for a fibre connection.

Has anyone had a connection in a rural area and I have had an estimate for a 100Mb bearer install and was wondering how the actual cost compared with the pre-inspection estimate?
Standard User blueacid
(committed) Sun 17-Jul-11 01:37:47
Print Post

Re: Trying to find suppliers for private fibre connection

[re: jphil81] [link to this post]

I'd check with TrunkNetworks (Drew, their director, posts here frequently particularly in the Business ISP section).

I'm not sure who else to try. In general though, you'll need to arrange a trench or some sort of access back to the point of presence - typically this would be the exchange, although could well not be. Expect to pay a shed-tonne in upfront fees to get that fibre run completed, followed by plenty per month for the uncontented bandwidth.

Cheers,
Blueacid
=================================
Was on Xilo C&W LLU on MRCEN, Now Be* on MRARD.
Standard User wirelesspacman
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 18-Jul-11 13:29:55
Print Post

If the circuit is to be provided via a BT Openreach fibre back to the exchange then the estimate will be firmed up once the order has been placed. If the amount is large then the customer has the option to cancel at no charge. However, as the other poster stated, you should expect the install cost (excess construction charges in BT/Openreach speak) to be very high if there is a significant amount of work to do.

If you can be more specific about where you are exactly (eg postcode), and what exchange you feed off, then I (or indeed others) might be able to comment further. Feel free to reply here or PM me.

Peter

Loop Scorpio Ltd
Ledbury; Highnam; Newent; Painswick; Arlingham, Cranham
===============================================

Symmetric Pro
Now also offering 20 Mbps symmetric broadband!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dustofnations
(regular) Mon 18-Jul-11 13:42:56
Print Post

AAISP do private fibre. http://aaisp.net.uk/ethernet.html

Be prepared to pay through the nose!
Standard User charles1
(newbie) Mon 18-Jul-11 14:42:00
Print Post

[re: dustofnations] [link to this post]

We currently have a couple of leased lines with NetworkFlow
Installation was just under £3k at one site, but more at the other due to 'excess construction charges'. The monthly charge for 100Mbps is about £830, which when I was looking at prices about 18 months ago, was quite reasonable compared to others.
I've been quite pleased with the performance: In a 12 month period we've been cut completely off for only 3 hours (last month's power failure at Telecity), with failover to the DSL backup on a couple of occasions (<1h - slow but useable). Very low latency / jitter.

---------------------------------------------------------------
O2 The All Rounder My Broadband Ping
  Print Thread

Jump to