General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Embraer
(member) Mon 18-Jul-11 23:36:36
Print Post

ADSL24

[link to this post]

Ok, so not that much closer to getting FTTC but I'm spending more time than I should be looking at the ISP alternatives to BT. I can't seem to find much about ADSL24 any any forums but there product appears good and they have been very quick responding to my enquiries which impressed.

I'm not hugely into P2P, using newsgroups more often than not, so a 30gb product for £28 with a static IP and the ability to change package without resetting my contract if I find I'm hitting the download ceiling regularly seems pretty attractive. The lack of a included router doesn't bother as I've a Time Capsule, sitting attached to a Netgear 834 in bridge mode, ready to go & the activation fee appears likely to be across the board by the time I'm ready to activate.

What are peoples' experiences of this product to date?

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Netgear 834GT with DGTeam firmware, 1 Apple Timecapsule. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, Bye Bye O2 once FTTC FINALLY arrives on my exchange
Standard User stevepressman
(regular) Tue 19-Jul-11 11:52:24
Print Post

Re: ADSL24

[re: Embraer] [link to this post]

I have been with them since April of this year on the Fibre 30 Pro and can only say excellent things about them so far. It also depends on your use and requirements of course. For me they have been great, very hands on, knowledgeable and quick to respond to any problems you have. The boss is also very hands on and keen to help.

If you are after a good ISP and with truly unlimited usage at weekends and after midnight until 8am then you can't go wrong with them. Also I think a 1GB allowance a day is is great and if you need to download a lot of stuff the weekends are the time to do it. Speed is consistent always, never had any slow downs even at peak times. You also get a little bit of web space I think 200 MB not a lot but ok for the average Mr Joe Public and of course the static IP.

My rating 10/10

Steve

Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Jul-11 12:35:39
Print Post

If you have any specific enquiries I'll be happy to assist smile

We were one of the FTTC trialists so have gained a vast amount of knowledge in this area.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User stevepressman
(regular) Tue 19-Jul-11 12:43:15
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
If you have any specific enquiries I'll be happy to assist smile

We were one of the FTTC trialists so have gained a vast amount of knowledge in this area.

Like I said the Boss (James) Is very hands on.

Steve

Standard User Embraer
(member) Tue 19-Jul-11 13:13:32
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Have raised a ticket to get my enquiries answered, prompt response received from Mohsin. I was looking for user reviews and read Steve's review below with interest, thanks

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Netgear 834GT with DGTeam firmware, 1 Apple Timecapsule. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, Bye Bye O2 once FTTC FINALLY arrives on my exchange
Standard User NuttyMucker
(regular) Tue 19-Jul-11 13:27:05
Print Post

I have had a ADSL service since January with them and all I can say is faultless. No dropouts no nothing. Steady speed. As result of this and more than helpful James I will be ordering The 30 Pro fibre this week when the stats are updated on the checker!

Only £2 a month more than BT and no throttling unless of course you are intending to hoover up the internet smile

Standard User hareng
(learned) Tue 19-Jul-11 14:41:54
Print Post

Well they let me down big time after weeks of testing them out, caused all manner of problems, thats why i am not with them. Decided to go with another isp where they value their customers 40Gb day, unlimited off peak £22.12 p/m.

There used to be a very active forum but that was halted and a new one replaced it after the bad press a couple of years ago, no one goes on.
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Jul-11 22:53:19
Print Post

11/10

I am on a pro product so my off-peak is from 20:00-08:00 hrs, and 20:00 Fri-08:00 Mon.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Jul-11 06:43:01
Print Post

Why are you specifically avoiding bt?

---
Click here to see Comparison of FTTC ISPs
Which FTTC ISP do you use?

BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
25.5mbit down / 7.6mbit up
Standard User Embraer
(member) Wed 20-Jul-11 10:14:08
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

Quite simply poor frontline customer service, I'd rather pay a few pounds more for a service where any problem is individually owned from the outset. BT also appear a victim of their own product, too many customers and too little infrastructure to support them, and although the majority of what you hear on forums sheds a negative light on any company there appears an overwhelming amount of evidence to backup my decision. I can live with a 12month contract if it doesn't work out too well and re-evaluate then with a possibility of trying BT but anything at the moment is an improvement on the 0.75mb I'm ringing out of my phone line.

Thanks for peoples' feedback, keep it coming

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to