General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Mot
(committed) Thu 21-Jul-11 10:58:10
Print Post

Fibre cab' installation

[link to this post]

Just a quick one folks,

We were due to go live in my area in Sep' but on the checker, it's now stating Dec'

It seems BT / Carrilion are getting things done pretty quickly. I live up a small close, just off "the main road" which is a good few miles long with a fair few cabs up and down it..

Here's one: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=ws11+4rx&hl=en&ll=52...

Around 20 yards or so from that, they're doing this work: http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d80/grayormot/0129...
So its safe to say that it's a fibre cab' going in I guess..
There's another one going in around half a mile down the road (on the same side)

My question is, do they do one side of the road and then the other?
The cab that I'm connected to, is on the same as all the others - on the right hand side going away from town.
But BT have marked out a location across the main road (left side coming away from town) for the cab I'm connected to. Can I safely assume that this will go ahead or is there a chance I'll be missed out?

Edited by Mot (Thu 21-Jul-11 11:03:16)

Standard User BWhitaker
(newbie) Thu 21-Jul-11 11:14:19
Print Post

Re: Fibre cab' installation

[re: Mot] [link to this post]

Hi Mot, the location of the DSLAM (fibre cabinet) doesn't always bear a relation to the location of the main PCP (your main green cabinet). They don't have to be on the same side of the road. Carillion/telent on behalf of Openreach have just installed a DSLAM at the bottom of my road, even though my PCP cabinet is around the corner. That's why postcode checkers aren't always acurate!
Standard User Wizen
(newbie) Thu 21-Jul-11 19:31:23
Print Post

[re: BWhitaker] [link to this post]

If you're connected to that PCP, my guess is you've still got a long wait ahead. My cabinet was installed over 12 weeks ago, yet the power has only just been connected up and it's still not ready for service. Similar story with a larger Huawei cabinet up the road.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Mot
(committed) Thu 21-Jul-11 22:21:22
Print Post

[re: Wizen] [link to this post]

I'm not connected to either that the work has commenced on unfortunatly frown

I'm connected to the one that has been marked out for work on the opposite side of the road with yellow paint..
Just hoping that they don't skip my cab'!
  Print Thread

Jump to