General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Edge
(committed) Fri 22-Jul-11 23:04:58
Print Post

Draytek Vigor 2750 Stats

[link to this post]

Hi guys, I've recently bought one of these VDSL2 modem/routers and wondered if anyone on here could help me interpret the stats?

I bought one because my Openreach modem went faulty and I decided I needed a backup, since then I'm pretty sure the DLM has turned on interleaving (my ping went from 12ms to 28ms all of a sudden).My IP profile also dropped from 38Meg to 32Meg.

I'm guessing the FEC values are errors and Actual Delay relates to interleaving. The SNR and Electrical Length I'm not too familiar with.

Click here for my Draytek Vigor 2750n Stats Page
Standard User paul1360
(member) Sat 23-Jul-11 09:09:20
Print Post

Re: Draytek Vigor 2750 Stats

[re: Edge] [link to this post]

Your Down SNR seems very high at 57dB is the first thing I noticed, Since you fitted the 2750 are you saying you dropped 6meg's of D/L speed????? What happened to your U/L speed????
I'm trying to locate another set of stats from a 2750.

Ok here you go:-

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/HH3-for-first...

His SNR is even higher that your's and He never had a speed drop. I think someone who know's more about these stats can answer you better than me.

iechyd da

Edited by paul1360 (Sat 23-Jul-11 09:18:49)

Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 23-Jul-11 10:02:53
Print Post

[re: paul1360] [link to this post]

I think the router is not putting a decimal place in for the SNR etc, I think it's at 5.7 rather than 57.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-HomeHub3
Sync 40000D 10000U

Edited by lockyatlrg (Sat 23-Jul-11 10:03:27)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User neagle
(newbie) Sat 23-Jul-11 11:53:14
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

I think that the SNR is that high because the line is capable of so much more....
When the speeds get upped to 80, that will drop.
Standard User panda
(committed) Sat 23-Jul-11 12:03:20
Print Post

[re: neagle] [link to this post]

No. lockyatlrg is correct.
The units used (for some strange reason) is 0.1dB as described in the last column.

Eats shoots and leaves.
Standard User Edge
(committed) Sat 23-Jul-11 12:30:29
Print Post

Yeah my IP profile was always 38717/10000 but since I connected the Vigor, that's dropped somewhat. I think I may have had some bad luck really, as my connection was very unstable due to the Openreach modem overheating and losing sync.

I think the Mac OS X Lion release hurt me too smile Here's a BQM from the day I connected the Vigor :

TBB Broadband Quality Monitor
Standard User paul1360
(member) Sun 24-Jul-11 08:18:54
Print Post

I'm wondering if you maybe have a problem either with the 2750 or your line, if as you say your profile has dropped also your Up attainable Rate is lower than your actual, your down is the same speed, Again if you look at both stats your INP is high and your SNR Margin is all over the place. The thing is that now you would have to use the BT stuff if you have a problem as they will not try any test's et al with third party stuff.

iechyd da

Standard User Edge
(committed) Mon 25-Jul-11 08:33:56
Print Post

I think you may be right, I connected the Openreach modem back up last night and although I can't see the stats my BQM is looking smoother already.

My IP profile has gone up marginally too, so I think I may send the Vigor back.
Standard User paul1360
(member) Wed 27-Jul-11 14:12:39
Print Post

It does sound as if you have a faulty 2750, if after plugging back in your BT stuff and your profile has gone up.

iechyd da

Print Thread

Jump to