General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Wizen
(newbie) Sun 14-Aug-11 08:34:45
Print Post

Why oh why am I still waiting for FTTC? **OPENREACH PDF**...

[link to this post]

EDIT:
Updated with links:
http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/...

So the OpenReach PDF has updated AGAIN on 12th of August.... Only 8 days after the other update, which is impressive. Be sure to check for your exchange, because some of the September 30th exchanges have been moved up to the "exchanges accepting orders" PDF. My exchange has finally been put on the "enabled" PDF. It says "Now" right next to Northolt. Excellent news! So why on earth does it still say Sept 30th on the checkers?

My cabinet was the second cabinet to be installed in all of Northolt, back in May. It hasn't been worked on in over 6 weeks, and it has fibre and power all connected up (these were connected on 2 different occasions over a few weeks, and multiple trenches were dug up and refilled).

Does anyone have any idea as to what the hold up might be? Why make an exchange live if the cabinets are still showing 30th September enablement dates! I've been waiting for this since March 2010 - because Northolt was on the initial rollout list of exchanges to get FTTC. And we were the ONLY exchange in the whole of greater London to officially be deferred from the PDF files multiple times.

Arghh.... The wait continues.

Edited by Wizen (Sun 14-Aug-11 08:40:33)

Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 14-Aug-11 11:16:03
Print Post

Re: Why oh why am I still waiting for FTTC? **OPENREACH PDF*

[re: Wizen] [link to this post]

Checkers are sometimes a bit slow. If it's available it should update any day now to allow orders to come in.

---
> Comparison chart of FTTC ISPs
> Got FTTC? Complete the survey

BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
23.5mbit down / 8mbit up
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sun 14-Aug-11 11:21:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by Wizen:
Arghh.... The wait continues.

My exchange (THFB) has been reported as "taking orders" since summer 2010. The problem is these PDFs don't show how big an area one exchange can cover, and how many PCP's are to be enabled.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 14-Aug-11 11:42:14
Print Post

Have you tried the BT Wholesale checker, for your phone number?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User rhino7
(newbie) Sun 14-Aug-11 18:39:29
Print Post

My exchange is Ashton-on-Ribble (LCAOR). It has been a Sept 11 exchange for a while but has now completely disappeared from the updated (12th August) documents. It is no longer mentioned in any of them, although the cabinet work appears to have been completed and the checkers still show Sept 30th.
Standard User Wizen
(newbie) Sun 14-Aug-11 19:04:09
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I'm connected to a PCP that was upgraded with a small Huawei cabinet in May. All the works have been completed for over 6 weeks. Hopefully the checkers will all update this week.
Standard User WWWombat
(committed) Mon 15-Aug-11 01:05:22
Print Post

My exchange first changed state to "Accepting CPE orders" in November last year. However, the first cabinets that went live - as in accepting orders for individual phone numbers, and to the best of my knowledge - did so in mid December, with installations performed before New Year.

However, my cabinet went live 3 months later than this, even though it was installed and worked on at the same time (in September) as all the other local cabinets. It seems that one cabinet suffered problems in getting power, which required 2 more sets of roadworks, and so required 2 sets of notification periods.

So you might be just suffering the same general delay, where the availability to individual lines is just lagging somewhat. Or worse, your particular cabinet has suffered a problem in commissioning.

The usual advice applies - be patient, and don't get stressed over it.
Standard User vm1990
(newbie) Mon 15-Aug-11 03:42:41
Print Post

Ha so you havnt heard BTs new Business plan then.
basicly what there doing is enabling a load of exchanges then not letting people get Fibre broadband its pretty smart when you think about it XD

and then they wounder why theres such a small take up of fibre between
enabling areas that already have fast BB speed
enabling places then not letting people have it
enabling places that already have virgin media BB

i think the marketing director at BT need a slap and then a kick in the ass
then anyone else who listend to him need a slap too XD

consider yourself lucky where i live they havnt even considerd fibre we are all stuck on 3mbps or lower BB maybe in 2080 ill atually get whats called "FAST" BB one can always hope.. XD
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 15-Aug-11 12:08:12
Print Post

[re: vm1990] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vm1990:
... where i live they havnt even considerd fibre we are all stuck on 3mbps or lower BB maybe in 2080 ill atually get whats called "FAST" BB one can always hope.. XD
That should be OK then tongue, as apparently you are likely to live to be 100+.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User FTTCguru
(newbie) Fri 23-Sep-11 13:27:16
Print Post

So it sounds like most of your exchange has got working cabinets. I'd check with your ISP again. If not PM me your cab number.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to