General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 1nfern0
(newbie) Thu 01-Sep-11 23:30:53
Print Post

FTTC migration AAISP-->BT Complete

[link to this post]

Hi,

After a year with AAISP, I just completed a migration to BT. I can't fault AAISP, it's just my usage pattern has changed this last few months and found needing day time access.

With AAISP my sync speed used to fluctuate between 32-35mbit quite regularly but from the moment of the switch over BT I'm now syncing at 38mbit and getting the attached speedtest.

[image] http://www.speedtest.net/result/1459855512.png [/image]

Not too shabby and 3 days in consistant. since getting ADSL in 2001, I've always stayed well clear of BT but for once I'll give them credit. If the connection stays stable, I look forward to spending the extra on the 80/20 product when released.

Edited by 1nfern0 (Thu 01-Sep-11 23:36:49)

Standard User epyon
(member) Fri 02-Sep-11 00:15:16
Print Post

Re: FTTC migration AAISP-->BT Complete

[re: 1nfern0] [link to this post]

Nice

From what i can tell the 80/20 will be a free upgrade on almost all packages.

BE*Unlimited
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User maniac886
(member) Fri 02-Sep-11 07:04:58
Print Post

I am thinking of doing the same, the only reason I didn't sign up with BT originally was because of their monthly download limit but now that it's unlimited I am thinking of migrating over to them. £28 a month for unlimited FTTC and anytime calls is good value.

If you don't mind me asking, how long was your downtime when moving service?

Aquiss FTTC Business 90
300m to cabinet
37.7mbit down / 8 mbit up

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadbandjockey
(member) Fri 02-Sep-11 07:28:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by 1nfern0:
After a year with AAISP, I just completed a migration to BT. I can't fault AAISP,

What was the charge for doing so ?
Standard User ionic
(experienced) Fri 02-Sep-11 07:41:51
Print Post

Can't understand why the sync speed would be different given that it's the same line, presumably the same modem, connected to the same cabinet, probably still to the same port.
Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 02-Sep-11 07:44:14
Print Post

Good old Speedtest.net - reliable as always and giving a 42.9Mbps result from a line syncing at 38Mbps and on a 40Mbps product smile

Ade

ADSL2+ with BE
DL Sync around 4.8Mbps
UL Sync 1088kbps

DG834GT with DGTeam firmware
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 02-Sep-11 08:44:32
Print Post

[re: ionic] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ionic:
Can't understand why the sync speed would be different given that it's the same line, presumably the same modem, connected to the same cabinet, probably still to the same port.
Apart from the silly speed test result, typical of a user running Kaspersky or Avira, (and thus making the AAISP results doubtful), who mentioned sync speed?

The OP is talking about throughput.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
(member) Fri 02-Sep-11 08:59:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by ionic:
Apart from the silly speed test result, typical of a user running Kaspersky or Avira, (and thus making the AAISP results doubtful), who mentioned sync speed?

The OP !

Quote:-

With AAISP my sync speed used to fluctuate between 32-35mbit quite regularly but from the moment of the switch over BT I'm now syncing at 38mbit and getting the attached speedtest.

End Quote
Standard User 1nfern0
(newbie) Fri 02-Sep-11 09:26:34
Print Post

Re: FTTC migration AAISP-->BT Complete *DELETED*

[re: broadbandjockey] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadbandjockey:
After a year with AAISP, I just completed a migration to BT. I can't fault AAISP,

There was no charge for the change over as I was just out of my one year contract. As others have mentioned, the main reason I avoided BT originally was the outdated usage limits which at the time AAISP was better suited.

Edited by 1nfern0 (Fri 02-Sep-11 09:28:01)

(member) Fri 02-Sep-11 09:49:39
Print Post

Re: FTTC migration AAISP-->BT Complete *DELETED*

In reply to a post by broadbandjockey:

There was no charge for the change over as I was just out of my one year contract. As others have mentioned, the main reason I avoided BT originally was the outdated usage limits which at the time AAISP was better suited.

Well, that's interesting, because every other FTTC ISP I've contacted have quoted 60 Quid (Inc VAT) to migrate an FTTC service, because that's BT Wholesale's charge, yet BT Retail would seem to 'absorb' it. Ummmm. If only Ofcom had proper teeth !
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to