General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User steker
(newbie) Sat 03-Sep-11 00:04:47
Print Post

vigor 2750n connected to HomeHub2

[link to this post]

Know this may look like a silly combination, but I will be getting Infinity by the end of the year, but will be getting the 2750n in the next couple of weeks.

What I would like to do is disable the WLAN on the HH2 and setup the 2750N as my WLAN.

What I was thinking of was setting the HH2 with the default IP of 192.168.1.254 and then setup the 2750n with a private IP network of 10.0.0.0/24. I was then going to setup the WAN connection on the 2750N as static pointing to the HH2.

I have seen that the Fritz supports this and that you use LAN port 1 and PPPoE as the connection to the external modem, but I would prefer to use the 2750N over the fritz.

Anybody got any comments whether this will work, or will I have to wait for infinity to be installed first (really want to use the USB Disk sharing and the DLNA server option before I get infinity)
Standard User MrGimper
(newbie) Sat 03-Sep-11 11:30:48
Print Post

Re: vigor 2750n connected to HomeHub2

[re: steker] [link to this post]

Why use the WAN port? Can't you just connect one of the ethernet ports on each device to each other? Modern devices do auto-crossover.

Disable DHCP on the vigor and effectively use it as a WAP only for now.

G

BT Infinity for Business
5x Static IP and unlimited traffic
Down = 33.59 Mb/s
Up = 8.32 Mb/s
Ping = 12 ms

BOOM!!

Edited by MrGimper (Sat 03-Sep-11 11:33:29)

Standard User steker
(newbie) Sat 03-Sep-11 12:21:51
Print Post

Re: vigor 2750n connected to HomeHub2

[re: MrGimper] [link to this post]

thx.

I know that I could use the LAN port, but was planning on having a different subnet for the internal devices from the one on the HH.

Might have to leave it as a 192.x.x.x subnet range (or change the HH to a 10.x.x.x subnet).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to