General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bladesharp
(newbie) Sun 04-Sep-11 15:25:43
Print Post

Unable to run test 3 on speedtester.bt.com

[link to this post]

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help me. I have started to experience very slow speeds on my FTTC it has dropped from average of 35Mbps to 6Mbps. I have run the first tests on speedtester.bt.com which shows a speed issue and needs to run the 3rd test...this is where i get stuck.

i configure my connection to speedtest@speedtest_domain as requested and it connects fine at the router. Problem then is when i press the go button it times out and does not seem to resolve the address. i have tried this through my router and with a pc connected directly to the BT Modem.

Does anyone have any suggestions as my ISP says i need to run this first before they can report a fault
Standard User bladesharp
(newbie) Sun 04-Sep-11 16:25:58
Print Post

Re: Unable to run test 3 on speedtester.bt.com

[re: bladesharp] [link to this post]

Just to add I have tried via ip address too and still times out without connecting so is not dns related
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 04-Sep-11 16:35:11
Print Post

What does your ISP advise? Who's the ISP anyway?

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Sep-11 17:02:13
Print Post

Is your VDSL modem wall mounted ? If not, there's a good chance it is in it's death throes. Try turning the power off the to modem for half an hour to allow it cool properly. Then before turning it back on, wall mount it 100ml centers. There is a chance though that all this is in vain, and even once cooled off, your sync will be stuck at a lower rate.

ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Mon 05-Sep-11 09:42:10
Print Post

Re:Unable to run test 3 on speedtester.bt.com

Hi bladesharp

I have just seen you post and would like to look into this for you, just send your details over via
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950 and I will run some test to see what is happening.

Regards David
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User paul1360
(member) Tue 06-Sep-11 07:45:27
Print Post

Have you tried this test and then put the information on to the top of the page and click continue?? It gives a bit more information and help
Better if I put the link in lol.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9354/...

iechyd da

Edited by paul1360 (Tue 06-Sep-11 07:46:27)

Print Thread

Jump to