General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Sep-11 18:08:51
Print Post

On its way

[link to this post]

Openreach began accepting orders for FTTC a few days ago, so have done the deed with A&A.

Managed to get the date and time slot - 23rd Sept - that I could be home for. Annoyed with myself since I was offered Tuesday 13th Sept but am at a County Council meeting. The sacrifices us Councillors make....

Received a foc Billion 7800n Wireless router yesterday, will will go nicely with the OR modem. I bought a Cisco/Linksys PAP2T-UK for my VoIP number last week, so ready to go.

Cheers!

Clive

"As I hurtled through space towards re-entry at twice the speed of sound the only thought in my mind was that this craft was entirely built by the lowest bidder! John Glen, Astronaut

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

Standard User Garyilka
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Sep-11 20:12:59
Print Post

Re: On its way

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ancient_Mariner:
The sacrifices us Councillors make....
The heart is bleeding, bleeding.............
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Sep-11 20:31:50
Print Post

will will go nicely with the OR modem.

Which you will insist is wall mounted.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Sep-11 23:05:43
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Already planned.

My NTE5 is located in the roof space, mounted on a nearly vertical roof timber about 80cm above a fully boarded loft floor together with fixed lighting, proper loft ladder and grab handles.

My current DrayTek modem router is affixed to the same roof timber as is some other comms gear.

Recently fitted a nice varnished piece of plywood to the roof timber, relocated everything bar the NTE5. The new router together with the VoIP adapter will be ready mounted on FTTC day with a nice clear area on the plywood for the OR modem. Adjacent to this board are 2 x 3-way MK switched sockets, no adapters or extension leads.

Hope the OR engineer is happy up there, tea/coffee, selection of biscuits will be ready and waiting in a more comfortable area.

Do you cover CH5 Hawarden area? wink

Cheers!

Clive

"As I hurtled through space towards re-entry at twice the speed of sound the only thought in my mind was that this craft was entirely built by the lowest bidder! John Glen, Astronaut

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 08-Sep-11 23:16:44
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
will will go nicely with the OR modem.

Which you will insist is wall mounted.

Wise words. Even the newer versions get very hot, very quickly, when placed horizontally (I tried my '2B' just to see).
Stays as cool as a cucumber when positioned vertically (with the vents at the front, facing up).

Ade

vDSL2 FTTC Infinity with BT
DL Sync 40Mbps
UL Sync 10Mbps
Standard User MHC
(legend) Thu 08-Sep-11 23:50:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ancient_Mariner:
Do you cover CH5 Hawarden area? wink

Cheers!