General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bobby_Valentino
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Sep-11 12:16:15
Print Post

Updated BT ADSL Checker

[link to this post]

Now my FTTC date has now changed to 31st December, great! frown Also the adsl checker predicts I should recieve 32.4Mbps down and upstream line speed of 7.5Mbps. According to those predictions what would I recieve in practice?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User dark_pants
(newbie) Wed 14-Sep-11 12:46:47
Print Post

Re: Updated BT ADSL Checker

[re: Bobby_Valentino] [link to this post]

My FTTC cab date has changed to 31st December also. This is now the 3rd date change (originally 31st June, then 31st September and now 31st December). However the cabinet was installed a few weeks before the end of June. The cabinet is not humming yet though so I guess that's the reason for the delay and it being pushed back to another placeholder date.

Anyway, in regard to your question, from what I read the wholesale checker can be a little conservative with its speed estimates and most cases you can expect a speed around that or a little higher?
Standard User Bobby_Valentino
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Sep-11 12:50:30
Print Post

[re: dark_pants] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dark_pants:
My FTTC cab date has changed to 31st December also. This is now the 3rd date change (originally 31st June, then 31st September and now 31st December). However the cabinet was installed a few weeks before the end of June. The cabinet is not humming yet though so I guess that's the reason for the delay and it being pushed back to another placeholder date.

Anyway, in regard to your question, from what I read the wholesale checker can be a little conservative with its speed estimates and most cases you can expect a speed around that or a little higher?

0o0o my cab hasn't even been installed! That means I will most definately be missing the December date aswell mad

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User greenglide
(member) Wed 14-Sep-11 13:00:41
Print Post

And I have a FTTC CAB (installed a couple of months ago), an exchange supposedly enabled but no service date offered for FTTC on my line!

If I put the postcode in the checker is yes I am FTTC enabled but not the telephone number. The post code is all on the one CAB!

Openreach are very confused over all this!

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download

Now with BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload! Never happier!
Standard User johnhol
(learned) Wed 14-Sep-11 13:30:06
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

Well mine has moved for the 6th time....

31st March then
30th June then
30th September then
31st December then back to
30th September and surprise surprise.......
31st December

Will give it till Mid October and then go to Virgin. BT convinced me to leave Virgin and join them as Infinity would be with my by March 31st......livid is not the word.
Standard User Zadeks
(committed) Wed 14-Sep-11 13:39:56
Print Post

[re: johnhol] [link to this post]

lol
Standard User ccxo
(member) Wed 14-Sep-11 14:55:39
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

Delays have been everywhere, just have to continue to wait.

Though why did you leave Virgin before Infinity was working, as estimates given have always slipped back.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User reme8488
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Sep-11 16:07:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by Bobby_Valentino:
Now my FTTC date has now changed to 31st December, great! frown Also the adsl checker predicts I should recieve 32.4Mbps down and upstream line speed of 7.5Mbps. According to those predictions what would I recieve in practice?

I had a much lower download estimate (26.6 if I remember correctly) & I ended up with the full 38717/10000 profile so the checker can be very conservative to say the least.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Regards...
Tom

My Photo Galleries

Line 1: Sky LLU @ 6.5mbit/1mbit
Line 2: BT Infinity @ 38.7mbit/10mbit (line length to FTTC cab 547m exactly)

My Broadband Speed Test

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1190768709.png
Standard User johnhol
(learned) Wed 14-Sep-11 16:14:51
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ccxo:
Delays have been everywhere, just have to continue to wait.

Though why did you leave Virgin before Infinity was working, as estimates given have always slipped back.

didn't know about delays and was told it would be available by 31st March....didn't mention this was an estimate.
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Sep-11 20:48:00
Print Post

Ignore the date being changed to December.

Basically. every quarter, the BT wholesale checker simply moves dates on by 3 months if the particular cabinet is not yet live. Once the cab is close to being RFS the date will be amended to a closer, more acurate date rather than they default 31st December.

So basically, because the cab wont be ready in time for 30th September, they just move the date 3 months automatically. This doesn't mean the cabinet deployment has been delayed, just that they are working on a 3month turnaround.

Naturally dates that keep moving back for months on end may have a particular issue as to why that cabinet isn't RFS yet.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to