General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bgriffiths
(member) Tue 27-Sep-11 12:25:28
Print Post

Fibre - the start???

[link to this post]

For the last week or so there has been an OR van in the village. It seems to be visiting all the poles in turn. I have seen the chap digging away round the bases of the wonky ones. Today he arrived at the pole outside our house and is merrily banging away at it with a hammer. He has also checked the height of the longer dropwires.

Could this be the first step in our FTTP (yes "P") rollout? smile (Due to "go live" Feb 2012)

BrianG

ISP: Goscomb Technologies
Standard User Ribble
(member) Tue 27-Sep-11 12:28:49
Print Post

Re: Fibre - the start???

[re: bgriffiths] [link to this post]

Quite probably. Pole tester checking they are safe to climb and mount the fiber hardware probably.
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Sep-11 13:34:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by bgriffiths:
For the last week or so there has been an OR van in the village. It seems to be visiting all the poles in turn. I have seen the chap digging away round the bases of the wonky ones. Today he arrived at the pole outside our house and is merrily banging away at it with a hammer. He has also checked the height of the longer dropwires.

Could this be the first step in our FTTP (yes "P") rollout? smile (Due to "go live" Feb 2012)

BrianG
Might just be a pole inspection. We had a bloke doing that around the village where our office is. I think he said it was done every ten years.

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FRS_Plunderer
(experienced) Tue 27-Sep-11 13:36:51
Print Post

Probably just pole testing, nothing to do with fibre deployment.

The hammer test is to check for decay at the base of the pole.

My Broadband Speed Test
  Print Thread

Jump to