General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dark_pants
(newbie) Fri 30-Sep-11 15:01:28
Print Post

Gutted! BT activated, then deactivated my Cabinet!

[link to this post]

It was with great joy that my cabinet was finally activated on 20th September. I got my MAC from Sky Broadband and the next day I ordered FTTC. Picked an install date of 30th September. Everything looked great. Then a few days later BT came back and informed my ISP that they could not make that date and would have to be a date after 6th october due to some exchange issue. So we picked 7th october - there was no confirmation of this date and when my ISP went to find out what was happening this morning, BT informed them that due to capacity issues at cabinet/exchange they could not install my FTTC and mooted a date of 31st December when the issue(s) would be resolved. I do not think its a cabinet capacity issue unless BT have done a record number of FTTC installs in the past week and a half since it went live. So I'm thinking its an exchange issue.

Even the BT checker now says: "Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 36.9Mbps and upstream line speed of 8.2Mbps."

Gutted!

At least the cabinet is powered up and humming - so hopefully wont be too long until the issue(s) is/are resolved and I can finally order FTTC and not have it cancelled!

Edited by dark_pants (Fri 30-Sep-11 15:06:32)

Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Sep-11 15:38:46
Print Post

Re: Gutted! BT activated, then deactivated my Cabinet!

[re: dark_pants] [link to this post]

Hi dark_pants.

Was that the order with ourselves? I think I remember writing the bad news in an email to you. It's a pain aint it? I wish they didn't mess us and you around and just gave us proper availability info to start with. We've only come across this once before, and the cabinet was ready for service a few weeks after the order got rejected, so I would keep checking as I think it will be available before 31st December smile

Cheers

James

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk

Edited by Adsl24 (Fri 30-Sep-11 15:40:15)

Standard User dark_pants
(learned) Fri 30-Sep-11 16:00:23
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Yep it was with yourselves smile.

Indeed, I shall keep a very close eye on the checker! (I had been doing that since the cabinet was physically installed before the summer!). I will be back ordering FTTC once BT decide to make it available (and I will keep fingers, toes, legs and everything else crossed it will go through that time!).

One thing, if it becomes available before my MAC expires (it will expire on 20th October or thereabouts) do I need to wait for a new MAC from Sky or can I just go ahead and use the same one?

Edited by dark_pants (Fri 30-Sep-11 16:02:31)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 30-Sep-11 18:25:41
Print Post

Was this is Saddleworth? Which cab number?
Standard User dark_pants
(learned) Fri 30-Sep-11 18:30:00
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

No, Northern Ireland, NICN exchange.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 02-Oct-11 17:24:10
Print Post

I would suspect that the project managers in OR are extremely motivated to resolve any issue preventing live orders from progressing.
Standard User dark_pants
(learned) Sun 02-Oct-11 22:27:00
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I would hope so smile
  Print Thread

Jump to