General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Wizen
(newbie) Fri 30-Sep-11 19:07:41
Print Post

FTTC availability resouces?

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm in a FTTC enabled area. I have 2 powered on and fully installed FTTC cabinets up my road (I'm connected to the smaller one). People up the main road, down the main road and a few streets away in every direction can order FTTC, but I cannot. My street appears to be the only street in the area not accepting orders.

Is there any other resource to check the availability and status of FTTC at a street/postcode level. I've checked the out of date PCP to postcode report from April, and sure enough, my postcode was listed as accepting FTTC orders.

Or is there any generous representatives of FTTC ISPs that have access to more updated resources on this forum? If anyone could give me slightly more concrete information regarding the status of my cabinet, I would be extremely likely to choose their represented company as my new ISP when FTTC does become available.

My postcode is UB4 8DD
My exchange is Northolt
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Oct-11 18:54:10
Print Post

Re: FTTC availability resouces?

[re: Wizen] [link to this post]

Unfortunately only Openreach know the answer for each cabinet and lately they're not willing to disclose individual cabinet status to us like they would in the past.

Note that the PCP to postcode file you mentioned only shows that cabs are "planned", not accepting orders.

Thanks

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 01-Oct-11 19:37:14
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

hi sorry to hijack this thread a little but how up-to-date is this file? my exchange was announced with the last update and due to go live mid 2012 (dont worry im not holding my breath on this one)

ive looked on the planning section of our local council website but theres nothing listed yet for phone cabs (or any cabs for that matter altho bt want to add several dishes to a local mast)

Does the file show cabs they have permission to do or the ones they want to to?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-Oct-11 19:51:09
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

BT only need to notify the local council of the works. This can be done as little as a few days before. If in a conservation area then BT need planning permission therefore there may be more notice. Or like my cabinet it will not be enabled.

The spreadsheet seems to be quite accurate in terms of which cabinets are being enabled and which are not, rfs dates are not accurate! This leaked spreadsheet is from March so does not include recently announced exchanges.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28466011/PCP%20to%20Postcode...

O2 Broadband Premium LLU
Now on twitter @timmay2

Edited by 5km (Sat 01-Oct-11 19:52:30)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 02-Oct-11 17:20:07
Print Post

[re: Wizen] [link to this post]

Without knowing the cab you are on, I can't comment on specifics, but if you are sure of the cab you are served, and the related DSLAM is in and powered then this issue is more than likely one of network, specifically it will be a blockage in the BT duct network that requires some new duct network to be installed this is proving logistically difficult.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 04-Oct-11 07:31:44
Print Post

Well at least something is happening now! The larger FTTC cabinet up the road just went live. I checked my friend's number and he can place an order as of yesterday. His cabinet is around 100m away from my cabinet - which is one of those smaller FTTC cabinets. I'm still yet to go live, but considering the larger one just went live, I'm feeling a little more optimistic that my dinky cabinet will start accepting orders sometime this month.
Standard User Wizen
(newbie) Tue 04-Oct-11 07:33:25
Print Post

The above post was me, OP, by the way.
  Print Thread

Jump to