General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 02-Oct-11 00:09:32
Print Post

Complaint to Virgin - 50 Mbit service

[link to this post]

I recently took out a 50 Mbit broadband 'service' with virgin, and my experience has been that it should be avoided like the plague. There are too many problems to list here, from the product, to it's provision, and from the service to the equipment, but I post here my letter of complaint on this link so others may be adequately warned...

http://justpaste.it/il3

Regards,
Krissie
One very dissatisfied Virgin Customer
Standard User MHC
(legend) Sun 02-Oct-11 05:28:33
Print Post

Re: Complaint to Virgin - 50 Mbit service

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I would be better received if you had addressed Sir Richard Branson in the correct way ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User djfunkdup
(committed) Sun 02-Oct-11 05:56:44
Print Post

i would edit your post *** http://justpaste.it/il3 *** leaving out your surname and account number.......

hope you get your problems resolved,but do remember just because you are having issues on the 50Mb service does not mean that all users are.i was more than happy on the 50 before i moved to Virgin100..

so telling people to avoid their services like the plague is quite a childish statement to make tbh.

anyway as i said.good luck and i hope you get sorted..

Virgin Media 100 My Broadband Ping

Edited by djfunkdup (Sun 02-Oct-11 06:01:34)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wirelesspacman
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Oct-11 10:06:44
Print Post

[re: djfunkdup] [link to this post]

It is also not wise perhaps to claim a fairly decent technical knowledge and then to describe the "Superhub" as "a fibre optic modem that's integrated with a badly engineered switch- a switch and a hub are two very different things", having just previously said "it's not even a hub at all, but a router". That is, of course, leaving to one side the fact that a fibre optic modem would have a fibre optic cable plugged into it and not a coax cable.

That said, it does demonstrate very well the limitations of using ISPs (or indeed any business) that utilise call centres, especially when the call centre staff are not really up to the job and/or cannot be easily understood.

Peter

Loop Scorpio Ltd
Ledbury; Highnam; Newent; Painswick; Arlingham, Cranham
===============================================

Symmetric Pro
Now also offering 20 Mbps symmetric broadband!
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sun 02-Oct-11 11:29:14
Print Post

should be in http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/virgin_cable.html shirley ?

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 02-Oct-11 14:01:07
Print Post

[re: djfunkdup] [link to this post]

I quite clearly said that it was MY experience that it should be avoided like the plague. However, the comments on the quality of their customer service equipment and scope of product stand universally. Much as there will be people who are satisfied with the service,, there will also be many who are not.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 02-Oct-11 14:03:04
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Perhaps, but I honestly don't expect it to realise. Out of civil courtesy I will have to apologise in the unlikely event that I get a response from him. That said, it's not like his company has addressed me in the correct way either.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 02-Oct-11 14:05:23
Print Post

[re: wirelesspacman] [link to this post]

As for the switch/router/hub thing in my complaint - yes... my bad. I freely admit it. I was thinking one thing and saying another (oooh, how freudian!). I think the rough point is still made though.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Sun 02-Oct-11 18:49:48
Print Post

The letter in itself is written quite well, apart from the error already posted. If it gets to an Executive Assistant who appreciates te way it was written, it may get to RB himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 02-Oct-11 19:14:15
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

You think so?
Sir Richard Branson cuts his stake in Virgin Media
However, one of the UK's most high-profile entrepreneurs has insisted that he remains committed to the cable group.

Sir Richard has cut his stake in the group to 6.5pc from 10.45pc, according to a filing made on Friday with the SEC. The sale pushes him down from second to fourth place in Virgin Media’s shareholder register.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to