General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bobby_Valentino
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Oct-11 21:23:39
Print Post

FTTC Cab Installation Query

[link to this post]

Today I noticed my FTTC cab installed 21 meters away from my PCP cab. The new FTTC cab looks like this. This installation is also reported on the london works.gov.uk website. The description reads "Install 21m of 1 way poly duct in Footway,Provide 1 Cabinet and base (NGA cabinets)". At the moment there appears to be no signs of the FTTC cab being connected to the normall PCP cab from looking at the footway (as theres no trench been dug/or any signs of digging apart from the installation of the actual FTTC cab).

So a few questions...

1) How long does it take after the FTTC installation for the FTTC cab to be connected to the normal cab?

2) How long does it take from FTTC cab installation to it being fully activated/live?

TIA!

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Wizen
(newbie) Wed 05-Oct-11 22:42:56
Print Post

Re: FTTC Cab Installation Query

[re: Bobby_Valentino] [link to this post]

My cabinet was installed in May, and still isn't live - despite having power and fibre connected to it in June.. There were a few cabinets that were installed in August, and they went live in September... It's hard to say when cabinets will go live. I think it's mostly luck.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 06-Oct-11 01:01:51
Print Post

But where does the trench to the FTTC cab end up? It only needs to get to a (pre-?)existing BT manhole and there's no problem.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(fountain of knowledge) Sun 09-Oct-11 18:36:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

This is what the area looks like to where the fttc and pcp cabs are situated. Also i'v not seen any paving cutout or any newly laid tarmac linking the two cabs togeather. Do you think the ducting they installed means they dont need to cutout the pavement?

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 09-Oct-11 18:40:25
Print Post

Well either way they will need to cut the pavement to get LV power to it smile

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User burakkucat
(committed) Sun 09-Oct-11 19:45:43
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
Have you actually looked at the OP's link in his first post, James?

-----------------------------------------------------

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Oct-11 11:23:12
Print Post

[re: burakkucat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by burakkucat:
In reply to a post by Adsl24:
Have you actually looked at the OP's link in his first post, James?

Looks like that cab, same size, dimension etc...but the one pictured is not my cab. Im still waiting for them to dig up the pavement to link it to the existing cab and install the power. No planned works according to the londonworks website grr.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Justo
(regular) Mon 10-Oct-11 14:34:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by Bobby_Valentino:
1) How long does it take after the FTTC installation for the FTTC cab to be connected to the normal cab?

2) How long does it take from FTTC cab installation to it being fully activated/live?

My experience - 1, they did it the same weekend ducting-wise. How long it took OR to run the cabling through though not sure. 2, my cabinet went in in June but has no power (due this week!!). The other two in my village went in the same week and are apparently accepting orders, so as you can see it's random. I suspect my cabinet has took longer to get power due to the cabinet being on the opposite side of the road to the existing power run. But having said that, one of the other two also had the road dug up to put power in, but two months ago.
  Print Thread

Jump to