General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User burner4
(newbie) Mon 17-Oct-11 20:31:36
Print Post

Moving to Bt Infinity

[link to this post]

Well after a couple of years with O2 broadband I have decided to move to BT infinity.
Got my MAC code from O2 over a week ago after one phone call and then a reminder email a few days later. Was offered 6 months free broadband if I stayed. Well reluctant to go after such excellent service and a connection which was giving me 5-6 Mbps down and 1 up. However no FTTC in the near future so off to BT.
Rang BT today - note I am in Northern Ireland where special offers are currently available. Asked about Infinity Option 2 unlimited broadband and calls. No problem - was offered it with first 3 months free with just line rental to pay. £28 from month 4. Speed on offer - 39.7 down 10 up - cabinet is about 90m from my house. Date for connection - Tue week 25th Oct. Will keep you posted on progress.
Standard User burner4
(newbie) Sat 29-Oct-11 12:07:40
Print Post

Re: Moving to Bt Infinity

[re: burner4] [link to this post]

Update - router arrived 1 day early. Openreach engineer phoned at 09.30 on 25th as arranged. Arrived 15mins later. Checked setup. Went to cabinet. Returned 15 mins later. Changed master socket - connected equipment, setup laptop and checked all ok. Finished in 30 mins.
Connection has been flawless since - 37/38 down 8 up. (previous O2 5 down 1 up)
Only flaw - messed up my existing email address so welcome details never arrived with new email address and password. Did finally come by snail mail 2 days after installation. Found that best way to contact customer service was by web chat - removes language barrier and you get a copy of conversation. Found them to be helpful and responsive replying by email within 24 hrs
Anyway well pleased so far. Can now watch streamed hd video without constant interruption. For now a hearty recommendation!
Standard User G3UZF
(committed) Sat 29-Oct-11 12:23:00
Print Post

[re: burner4] [link to this post]

Good to see someone happy with BT/OR.

Most of the time they undeservedly get kicked senseless...

Allergy Advice: This post may contain traces of Meerkats.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Oct-11 10:41:11
Print Post

[re: G3UZF] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by G3UZF:
Good to see someone happy with BT/OR.

Most of the time they undeservedly get kicked senseless...

BT are ok unless you end up talking to the Indian call centre. My connection has been fine since my install back in April, profile has been 38717 / 10000. (Sync is 39999 / 9995).

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity
Far too many computers, 1 Wife, 3 Maine Coons and too many horses smile
  Print Thread

Jump to