General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User thomaswarne01
(regular) Wed 19-Oct-11 20:03:31
Print Post

BT Infinity Fibre

[link to this post]

Hi there,
i am 99.9% sure that my line is a straight line to the exchange as it takes a smooth route to the exchange through manhole covers on the main road and leading to the exchange direction,
i am hoping that i can get some advice from you all on here as to whether bt will put a fibre line from the exchange to my premises as the ducts are already in place so no extra work will have to be done bt digging up roads, etc. but the fibre would terminate at my distribution pole from which the wire comes up from a roadside duct My Pole, i would think this would be classed as bt infinity fttp as i dont think i am ever going to get fttc on an exchange only line, i do have 8Mb connection but would like the faster download and mainly upload,
Note, i am emailing bt business (my provider) to find out if my line is an exchange only, but my local town is not planned to have infinity until 2013 so looking into fttp and getting advice,

Cheers guys

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 20-Oct-11 09:15:16
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity Fibre

[re: thomaswarne01] [link to this post]

"Brownfield FTTP" might come to you at some point, or exchange based VDSL may get approved. The latter is more likely I suspect.

Do you have ADSL2+ available, or an 832k upload "business" service would give you more upload than the standard 448k.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
  Print Thread

Jump to