General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Sat 22-Oct-11 13:34:03
Print Post

Aggregation Nodes and Splitter Nodes

[link to this post]

I've been looking at the Access Infrastructure for FTTC and FTTP that Andrew shows in his photos (and on trefor.net) and trying to understand things better. The Splitter Node only appears on the FTTP architecture and looks similar to the DPs - is that correct? Where do these splitter nodes sit in the network (the picture implies they live in chambers). They replace the PCP/DSLAM cabs in the pictures, but presume that's not where they will be located. How many are required for a particular area? And a similar question for the Aggregation Node (common to all FTTx). It is also shown in a chamber, but how many are there?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 22-Oct-11 13:51:35
Print Post

Re: Aggregation Nodes and Splitter Nodes

[re: chrisadsl] [link to this post]

You begin(?) to sound like someone doing a dissertation or thesis smile. If so, no doubt you will be citing all the sources from which you have culled the information tongue.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Sat 22-Oct-11 14:00:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
You begin(?) to sound like someone doing a dissertation or thesis smile. If so, no doubt you will be citing all the sources from which you have culled the information tongue.

Not at all smile Just someone looking forward to getting FTTP, and as an engineer I like to delve into the nitty gritty of these things!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Sun 23-Oct-11 11:26:35
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

And as you seem to be asking for refs I was referring to these:

http://staging.trefor.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07...

http://staging.trefor.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07...
  Print Thread

Jump to