General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Cj123825
(newbie) Sun 23-Oct-11 12:51:48
Print Post

FTTC installation - no access to master socket!

[link to this post]

Hi

Our master socket is located underneath the floorboards in the front bedroom (the one closest to where to line comes to the house), so its not easy to get to it!

If i went for fftc would they be able to setup a new socket? I.e. Would they drill through the bedroom wall and setup a new master socket in the bedroom?

Anyone else had it installed where you simply cant get to the master socket?
Standard User MHC
(legend) Sun 23-Oct-11 13:43:51
Print Post

Re: FTTC installation - no access to master socket!

[re: Cj123825] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Cj123825:
Hi

Our master socket is located underneath the floorboards in the front bedroom (the one closest to where to line comes to the house), so its not easy to get to it!

If i went for fftc would they be able to setup a new socket? I.e. Would they drill through the bedroom wall and setup a new master socket in the bedroom?

Anyone else had it installed where you simply cant get to the master socket?

Who put the master socket there? Certainly not BT, which means that someone has moved it and possibly interfered with the connections.

As to what the technician might do in your case - it will depend on how he feels! He may just install a new socket at the nearest point and wire to that, or he might install it where you ask him to with internal and external routing, and in addition to those possibilities he may or may not raise the move as a chargeable task.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Oct-11 14:28:10
Print Post

Re: FTTC installation - no access to master socket!

[re: Cj123825] [link to this post]

If you do choose to go for FTTC, ensure that the ISP you order from includes the HWS (home wiring solution) module in the order to ensure the engineer has the authority to shift the NTE.

As MHC says, what numpty put it there in the first place ????

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to