General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User simpic
(newbie) Mon 24-Oct-11 15:38:13
Print Post

Farnborough Exchange Cab 93

[link to this post]

Hi,

We are on Cabinet 93 on the Farnborough exchange. it would appear all the other cabinets around our area have been turned on and are accepting orders for FTTC.

Does anyone have any way of finding out when our cabinet will be enabled? The Checker is currently saying 31st December having moved forward three months every three months for the last year!

Thanks in advance.

Simpic
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Oct-11 17:59:40
Print Post

Re: Farnborough Exchange Cab 93

[re: simpic] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simpic:
Hi,

We are on Cabinet 93 on the Farnborough exchange. it would appear all the other cabinets around our area have been turned on and are accepting orders for FTTC.

Does anyone have any way of finding out when our cabinet will be enabled? The Checker is currently saying 31st December having moved forward three months every three months for the last year!

I'm on cabinet 5 on Farnborough (THFB) and still no sign of the FTTC box for cabinet 5. frown Cabinet 5 is in Reading Road, and apparently it might be a planning permission issue for mine frown

Where's cabinet 93?

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Oct-11 19:28:47
Print Post

[re: simpic] [link to this post]

Cab 93 is just off Fleet Road in Cove.

Most of the cabs in that area went live between July and September so they are progressing well, but inevitibly some cabs do get delayed due to reasons usually outside Openreach's control, anything from palnning issues (some council's can take AGES to reply to planning issues or helping to resolve it), awaiting contracters to feed low voltage power to the cab, and of course getting the fibre cabling to the cab. Then there are highway's agency who need to be involved if it involves road works and pavement closures etc.

No doubt it's in Openreach's best interest to have the remaining cabs live ASAP and they are usually doing everything they can to progress things.

The following cabs are still planned but outstanding:

1, 2, 5, 21, 30, 42, 44, 47, 56, 61, 72, 76, 84 and 93.

Done are:
4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 41, 43, 45, 46, 52, 54, 55, 60, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 73, 74, 75, 79, 86, 96

That's not bad going!

James

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk

Edited by Adsl24 (Mon 24-Oct-11 19:30:20)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Oct-11 19:31:27
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

The exchange is on Reading road, is 5 the one the other side of the roundabout by the church ?

Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Oct-11 19:35:30
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Cab 5 is further down Reading road after the roundabout yes, however cab 75 is very close to the exchange.

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk

Edited by Adsl24 (Mon 24-Oct-11 19:37:28)

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Oct-11 19:38:19
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

My point was that if it is the one I'm thinking of, it IS fibre enabled, I was working in there a couple of weeks ago.

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Oct-11 19:44:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
My point was that if it is the one I'm thinking of, it IS fibre enabled, I was working in there a couple of weeks ago.

Yep the one by the church is enabled, the one by the junction of Peabody road isn't enabled - and that's mine, number 5. At the end of reading road is the Squirrel Pub, and there is a small FTTC cabinet opposite.

Two out of 3 ain't bad - but all the blocks of flats (that I'm in) are on cab 5 frown

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Oct-11 19:49:18
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
That's not bad going!

Agreed its very impressive. Shame there is no BT OR website that explains what the hold ups might be and if individual residents should contact council etc.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Oct-11 20:37:40
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Soz ! You can come round and borrow a bucket of 40 meg from me if you want ! smile

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Oct-11 21:24:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Soz ! You can come round and borrow a bucket of 40 meg from me if you want ! smile

Heh, nice image smile

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to