General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User xysdfds
(newbie) Mon 14-Nov-11 19:52:07
Print Post

Time from cabinet installation to in-service?

[link to this post]

Hello,

Over the weekend it looks like BT have dug up the road and put in an FTTC cabinet in my road - so it looks like things are progressing. Looks like they've ripped out the old GPO era cabinet too, although a much more modern cabinet has also been there for years.

But how long does BT take to put them into service?

I ask because of some conflicting information:

BT's ADSL checker says nothing
Superfast Cornwall (it's one of *those* exchanges) says by the end of 2012
Samknows thinks Dec 2012, although a few weeks ago it was saying March - where do they get their data from?
Openreach site shows my exchange as being in the "Future Exchanges" list although it was last updated months ago, it'll be interesting to see if it jumps when they next get around to it.

BT/Openreach surely aren't going to install the cabinet and let it rot for up to over a year before turning it on? This is an exchange that doesn't yet have any FTTC cabinets and so I guess would require new equipment at the exchange to deal with it. It doesn't have any form of 21CN service at the moment.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Nov-11 20:15:07
Print Post

Re: Time from cabinet installation to in-service?

[re: xysdfds] [link to this post]

The Trafford exchange (MRTRA) was originally announced for March 2012 as a FTTC/P exchange. Now it's also moved to December 2012. So much for BT speeding up the roll out!
Standard User DougM
(member) Mon 14-Nov-11 23:47:49
Print Post

March 2012 was BT Openreach's holding date for planned cabinets that don't yet have specific activation dates scheduled. Last week they bumped them all to December 2012. This has absolutely no effect on when they'll be delivered; at the point an activation is scheduled the holding dates will be replaced with something more realistic.

In terms of cabinet to activation; three cabinets were installed near me in June. One went live in August, another went live in October and the third is still without power. The head-end at the exchange went live in 2010.

Without insider information, no-one can predict!

-==-
DougM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Justo
(regular) Tue 15-Nov-11 09:52:08
Print Post

My cabinet was installed in June along with two others in the village. The fibre is in, the exchange is RFS and the other two cabinets are live and taking orders, mine is still lacking power five months on.
  Print Thread

Jump to