General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User horizonsedge
(newbie) Mon 28-Nov-11 15:39:18
Print Post

Draytek Vigor2850 and Zyxel P-871M (2 VDSL lines combined?)

[link to this post]

At our workplace we currently have a Draytek Vigor2820 and a Draytek 120 ADSL Modem both working on an Annex M lines.

I have noticed that our local exchange is being upgraded to FTTC next month and if so that means that potentially we could get both of our lines upgraded to VDSL, so we would need to switch the router and modem for some newer ones.

Vigor do not do a VDSL equivalent of the Vigor 120 modem, so does anybody know or can confirm that the Zyxel P-871M (or any similar product) would work in its place?

These lines are not bonded, we use one line with a priority for our mail server's traffic.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Greg
Standard User panda
(committed) Mon 28-Nov-11 15:55:47
Print Post

Re: Draytek Vigor2850 and Zyxel P-871M (2 VDSL lines combine

[re: horizonsedge] [link to this post]

Openreach supply a VDSL modem (essentially a replacement for your V120) as part of the service, so you could use the same router as you already have.

Eats shoots and leaves.
Standard User horizonsedge
(newbie) Tue 29-Nov-11 21:04:53
Print Post

Re: Draytek Vigor2850 and Zyxel P-871M (2 VDSL lines combine

[re: panda] [link to this post]

Yes, from what I have found since my original post there modem can be used. As far as I can see any PPPOE VDSLmodem can be used with a Draytek.

We will need a new router, as we will most likely upgrade both of our lines from Annex M to VDSL. We use two lines on the same router so we can give our mail server priority on one line. The Draytek has been by far the best router I have seen, I want to stick with the brand, they even fixed our VPN tunnel remotely when I called support once.

I did ring Draytek about a VDSL modem, but they only have an ADSL one in their range at the moment. (the Vigor 120). I guess it's still early days!

Looking forward to going from 12 Down / 2 Up to near 60 Down / 20 Up for the same cost as our current lines.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to