General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User acpsd775
(committed) Fri 02-Dec-11 11:00:14
Print Post

FTTC checker witch 1 is right

[link to this post]

Hi im with talktalk at the moment with there ADSL+ package i signed up for them ready for FTTC to be activated (mother cant stand BT and just left VM because of the terrible attitude theve got to customers so only talktalk left with unlimited fibre at a good price)

Anyway to the point if i go onto the open reach website download there PDF and it says says DARTON SLDR FTTC accepting orders Now Barnsley District (B)
but when i goto the talktalk website and select fibre boost it says

TalkTalk Fibre Optic broadband will be available on your line in December 2011.
Your new estimated Fibre Optic line speed will be 30 Meg download speed and 2 Meg upload.Compare that to your current download speed of 11.6 Meg.
Register your interest now to benefit from faster speeds with TalkTalk Fibre Optic broadband and we'll let you know when it's available to you.

so no specific date but were already in December so that's confusing anyway just out of curiosity i goto the bt checker and it says

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 30Mbps and upstream line speed of 12.1Mbps.

so witch 1 is actually right i did ring talktalk up but he didn't know and said hed get some 1 to ring me back today but if there anything like VM im not holding my breath on that happening lol

Thanks for any info

Ash

Sky + TalkTalk
-------------------------------------------------------------
2004: Blueyonder 256k/512k => 2006: Blueyonder 2Meg => 2009 Virgin Media 10Meg => 2009/10 Virgin Media 50Meg => 21/04/2011 sky Unlimited 11167 kbps D / 910kbps U(current) 30/9/11 Virgin Media 100Meg(disconnected15/12/11) =>17/11/11 Talktalk to be updated

PSN: ACPSD775 add me if you like

Edited by acpsd775 (Fri 02-Dec-11 11:30:17)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 02-Dec-11 11:29:42
Print Post

Re: FTTC checker witch 1 is right

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

The PDF on openreach site may be out of date.

The date of 31st December 2011 is in December 2011, admittedly it is right at the end.
If it was going to be available for ordering on the 1st/2nd Dec, they'd have given a 30th November deadline.

When rushing to get things ASAP there will always be uncertainties, if the ISP will take the order then place it, if that is what you want in terms of service.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User acpsd775
(committed) Fri 02-Dec-11 11:31:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The PDF on openreach site may be out of date.

The date of 31st December 2011 is in December 2011, admittedly it is right at the end.
If it was going to be available for ordering on the 1st/2nd Dec, they'd have given a 30th November deadline.

When rushing to get things ASAP there will always be uncertainties, if the ISP will take the order then place it, if that is what you want in terms of service.

hi thanks for the reply i changed the post like 5 seconds ago lol i had an out of date pdf i just got a new 1 just now and it says DARTON SLDR FTTC Now taking orders Barnsley District (B)

it was ment to go live sep but they had some problems

Ash

Sky + TalkTalk
2004: Blueyonder 256k/512k => 2006: Blueyonder 2Meg => 2009 Virgin Media 10Meg => 2009/10 Virgin Media 50Meg => 21/04/2011 sky Unlimited 9732kbps/ 796kbps (still active) => 30/9/11 Virgin Media 100Meg => 17/11/11 Talktalk 11105kbps/1020kbps

Edited by acpsd775 (Fri 02-Dec-11 11:34:07)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 02-Dec-11 11:48:05
Print Post

While hiding your phone number what does

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html say about the line

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User acpsd775
(committed) Fri 02-Dec-11 11:58:37
Print Post

While hiding your phone number what does

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html say about the line

its a talktalk number

Welcome to the Broadband Availability checker. This will provide a provisional check of your ability to receive reliable Broadband services.

Please enter your telephone number.

There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.

with the post code checker it says what it said in my first post

the main reason i asked witch 1 was most likaly to be right is because the original PDF off openreach webby i got was 1 i got about a week ago sadi dec-1-11 and when i got the new 1 that i linked to in last post i first checked the future planned to see if date had changed and my exchange was no longer in

so i checked accepting orders pdf that i linked to and its changed to 1/12/11 to now accepting this is why im so confused i dont no if its a mistake on open reaches part of the checkers just have not updated

Ash

Sky + TalkTalk
2004: Blueyonder 256k/512k => 2006: Blueyonder 2Meg => 2009 Virgin Media 10Meg => 2009/10 Virgin Media 50Meg => 21/04/2011 sky Unlimited 9732kbps/ 796kbps (still active) => 30/9/11 Virgin Media 100Meg => 17/11/11 Talktalk 11105kbps/1020kbps

Standard User epyon
(committed) Fri 02-Dec-11 13:47:30
Print Post

Omg my exchange has been taken off "coming soon"

crazy

BE*Unlimited 19157/1399Kbps
Standard User acpsd775
(committed) Fri 02-Dec-11 13:53:18
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by epyon:
Omg my exchange has been taken off "coming soon"

crazy

oh dear thats not good news well unless youve been put on available then thats great lol

im waiting on a call back from talktalk to let me know if i can actualy order yet lol apparently there getting in contact with BT but time will tell lol

Ash

Sky + TalkTalk

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 02-Dec-11 14:11:01
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

If memory is working well, this sometimes happens as it transitions to the next list, i.e. moving towards being available

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 02-Dec-11 21:22:59
Print Post

If memory is working well, this sometimes happens as it transitions to the next list, i.e. moving towards being available
That's certainly what seemed to happen to mine.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Dec-11 09:45:05
Print Post

There are some cabinets done on your exchange so it's listed as accepting orders they just haven't done your specific cabinet yet. They don't do every cabinet at once and they mark the exchange as accepting orders well before every single cabinet is done.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to