General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User xysdfds
(newbie) Sat 03-Dec-11 19:55:19
Print Post

FTTP, or Openreach fat fingers?

[link to this post]

Hello,

I notice that Openreach has updated their exchange lists recently, and it's interesting to note that my exchange (as well as quite a few other Cornish exchanges) now state that they are getting FTTP, not FTTC as it had said previously.

As I have said in a previous thread, my road is getting a new cabinet installed as we speak, and it looks precisely like an FTTC cabinet. But BT's lists now say FTTP. It doesn't say FTTX or FTTC/P like some other places do.

Am I being too wishful and it's just a typo or is BT actually going to deliver fibre to the premises? My road has no new builds to speak of (the village as a whole has some), and AFAIK the phone lines aren't underground - at least from pole to house.
Standard User Matt182
(member) Sat 03-Dec-11 22:50:20
Print Post

Re: FTTP, or Openreach fat fingers?

[re: xysdfds] [link to this post]

Not sure on that one, I just checked and we are down for FTTP on BTs spreadsheet but we have had a new cabinet installed since the end of August but nothing has been turned on yet.

My guess will be FTTC.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 03-Dec-11 23:13:06
Print Post

Re: FTTP, or Openreach fat fingers?

[re: Matt182] [link to this post]

If you don't mind passing on address and phone number, I will enquire of Openreach via BT Wholesale. It may be a mistake that has slipped through or for Cornwall may represent the mixed bag of connectivity that was always going to be deployed

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to