General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User SystemAssure
(newbie) Wed 07-Dec-11 12:00:40
Print Post

VDSL2 Router that allows SIP ALG to be disabled?

[link to this post]

Does anyone know of a router that allows SIP ALG to be disabled? I have a client with BT Infinity and the 2wire 2701 router that BT provide, unfortunately you cannot disable SIP ALG on these routers and it is causing problems with the VoIP service that we use.

So I need to find a suitable VDSL2 device that will allow us to disable SIP ALG.

Thanks in advance fro any information.
Standard User drogon
(regular) Wed 07-Dec-11 13:08:06
Print Post

Re: VDSL2 Router that allows SIP ALG to be disabled?

[re: SystemAssure] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SystemAssure:
Does anyone know of a router that allows SIP ALG to be disabled? I have a client with BT Infinity and the 2wire 2701 router that BT provide, unfortunately you cannot disable SIP ALG on these routers and it is causing problems with the VoIP service that we use.

So I need to find a suitable VDSL2 device that will allow us to disable SIP ALG.

Thanks in advance fro any information.

You have quite a large choice - but what's important is that it's not a VDSL2 modem you're after (BT supply the VDSL2 modem) but what you're after is a router with an Ethernet WAN port which supports PPPoE. Just make sure you can extract the username/password out of the BT router first if you don't already have it.

So BT wall socket with new filter -> BT supplied VDSL modem -> Your new router -> LAN

Ones I've used in thte past include Draytek 2820's (which have both ADSL and Ethernet WAN ports) Might be a bit pricey though.

At the other end of the scale, this:

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?...

Looks too good to be true, I've not used it, but it's an example of the sort of thing you're after. However, I've used TP-Link Gb switches in the past and they seem to "just work".

G

Edited by drogon (Wed 07-Dec-11 13:10:08)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 11-Dec-11 07:24:55
Print Post

[re: SystemAssure] [link to this post]

What is the co chipset? Broadcom? Vdsi iot is key.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 11-Dec-11 08:19:48
Print Post

[re: drogon] [link to this post]

Netgear wndr 3700.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
JDSU Stats
Attainable 97040D 35659U
Sync 39999D 9995U
Attenuation: 9.6 SNR: 22.6
Line Length 300meters
  Print Thread

Jump to