General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kitcat
(learned) Thu 08-Dec-11 12:24:39
Print Post

Updated FTTC/P rollout schedule on Openreach site

[link to this post]

I have just looked at the Openreach site and was surprised at the change in the rollout lists from the last time I looked (on 14/11) there have been another 30 live exchanges and another 203 added to the Future exchanges.

Now live ABERKENFIG, AMERSHAM, BATH KINGSMEAD, BISHOP AUCKLAND
CALNE, CHELTENHAM, CHESHAM, CHISLEHURST, CROWNHILL, DARTON
HESKETH BANK, IRLAM, KIRBY MUXLOE, LINTHORPE, LONGTON, LANCASHIRE
LOUGHGIEL, MARTON, CLEVELAND, PADGATE, PLYMOUTH. PONTELAND
SANDERSTEAD, SHOREDITCH, SOUTHALL, THATCHAM, TWICKENHAM
UNDERCLIFFE, WALTHAMSTOW, WEMBLEY, WERRINGTON, WEST WICKHAM.

This is quite an impressive rollout now. Another 108 in the coming soon list ( much shorter than before) all with dates up to Mar 2012. This shorter list may prove to be more accurate than before!

Then 504 in the future list, 164 of which weren't in before, too many new ones to list. A significant number of these are not large centres of population so our hopes that areas outside Virgin coverage would be covered may be come to be reality.
See http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ for the full list

Total rollout now covers 1274 exchanges, I only hope most cabinets in each exchange are being covered, rather than 1 or 2 to claim coverage rather than deliver coverage.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Thu 08-Dec-11 13:00:19
Print Post

Re: Updated FTTC/P rollout schedule on Openreach site

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Still no use ...

I put my second house in and that exchange along with 30 or so surrounding it are "Not currently in roll out plans". Still stuck with 8Mb Max

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Justo
(regular) Thu 08-Dec-11 15:29:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by kitcat:
Total rollout now covers 1274 exchanges, I only hope most cabinets in each exchange are being covered, rather than 1 or 2 to claim coverage rather than deliver coverage.

It's a percentage of lines covered in an exchanges reach before it's RFS but I don't think it's very high - 40% rings a bell.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User No_One
(committed) Thu 08-Dec-11 17:50:00
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

No plans in my entire county here. (although it is the smallest county in the country lol)
Standard User Bob_s2
(member) Thu 08-Dec-11 18:36:56
Print Post

Not sure what is impressive about it. It was just that they had not updaed the lists for months so those that had been enabled during the year were moved in block to the live list. The coming soon list got shorter because of that. THey have though not moved any from the future exchanges to the coming soon list
Standard User DRW
(committed) Fri 09-Dec-11 12:24:19
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

My exchange has slipped about 18 months in less than year.

Not away to manage the customers expectations.
Standard User kitcat
(learned) Fri 09-Dec-11 12:28:04
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

Bob

They appear to be changing the live list as exchanges go live, there were also 9 I spotted that had been added to the coming soon list since 14/11 although all were in Cornwall.
Standard User kitcat
(learned) Fri 09-Dec-11 12:37:55
Print Post

[re: No_One] [link to this post]

I assume you are in Rutland, which appears to have no large towns in it just two small ones (oakham and Uppingham) so the lack of plans doesn't surprise me.
There is a BDUK contract being offered there to cover 20 odd excahnges, So I wouldn't expect BT to start rollout until they know who has got the money.
I think all the exchanges are covered by the BDUK funding so could be a fast rollout as the area is so small once the contract is placed with someone.
Standard User ccxo
(member) Fri 09-Dec-11 16:20:33
Print Post

There will be more exchanges announced next year proably mid January. Aslo as CC submit there LBP's and get their bduk funding, those tenders will be awarded next year.

BT is likely to win the majority so alot more exchanges will appear on the lists.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User No_One
(committed) Fri 09-Dec-11 19:04:41
Print Post

Yup, I'm in Oakham. I'm not too bothered for now though. Got 8 meg ADSL (tried ADSL2+ and got 16 meg but my plasma tv messed it up).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to