General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mpkayeuk
(newbie) Fri 09-Dec-11 17:28:36
Print Post

My Business Infinity Experience (or not!)

[link to this post]

Sorry for what is going to be a bit of a rant, but I think I have just experienced the worst level of service ever from any company. My tale of woe started about 2 weeks ago when I ordered Business Infinity, Option 2, with 5 static IPs. I was given the option of selecting from 3 installation dates, the 5th, 6th or 7th. I supplied the MAC code on the online order form on the website, but despite this the following day received an email saying they needed me to obtain a MAC code and that I should phone an answering machine to leave the MAC code with them. I did this. I then received an email saying my order was progressing and that my business was undergoing a routine credit check. All good so far. Then... nothing.

On the 30th Nov I phoned up, asking what was happening. Alarm bells started ringing because they said they couldn't find my order (despite the emails I had received with my order number in it). Eventually someone was able to tell me that the order had been "lost" and that I had to submit a new one. "Okay, but I will still get the same installation date right? It's not my fault you lost my order." Obviously the answer to that was no. I was disappointed but figured I would go with it. My new installation date was today.

This time I got all the right emails with usernames, and account numbers, etc, so everything was looking good. I received by Business Infinty Hub by courier 3 days ago. We were all primed for the engineer to turn up between 0800 and 1300 today. At 1230 I became a little concerned that nobody had arrived, so I phone the Business Infinity Team. The chap was very good, and after a bit of umm and ahh, he figured that he needed to call Provisioning to find out what was happening because the order notes had some conflicting info in them. The news from the Provisioning team was that Openreach had confirmed an engineer would be coming this morning, but it turns out that they hadn't assigned one to the job. Great! Provisioning were to call me at 1400 with an update, trying to get an engineer over this afternoon. 1400 passed. I called the Business Infinity team again, who eventually put me through to Provisioning. The person there told me she had tried calling me but couldn't get through. She was trying the broadband line number, not the contact number I had given them. Anyway, she also told how Openreach had confirmed on 3 separate occasions that an engineer would be present and that they were trying to get someone to me ASAP. They could definitely do Monday. At this point I was so alienated by the whole thing that I decided that Monday was unacceptable. I told them this and she assured me she would do everything she could to get an engineer out this afternoon or possibly tomorrow. She would call me as soon as she had more information, but Openreach were not returning her calls or emails.

By 1430 no more info. So yet again I called the Business Infinity team to ask for an update, they said they would ask Provisioning to call me again. To her credit, she did. But still no more info. Openreach still not picking up the phone or answering emails. To me, this is absolutely diabolical. She has escalated to the highest level she can. Again she promises to call when she has more info. 1600 sails past. No calls. I call Business Infinity and get put through to Provisioning again. Openreach still not returning calls or emails. So basically I am in a situation where they are not providing me with any information at all to make a decision as to what to do. Provisioning goes home at 1800 so I will call once more before then... but basically I am going to have to cancel this because I'm so fed up with it. For what is a pretty simple set of tasks, I'm shocked that BT (specifically Openreach) seem totally incapable of delivering a service to me. It wouldn't be so bad if only they could tell me what was going on, but they seem incapable of doing so. Very, very disappointing.
Standard User nogg
(newbie) Fri 09-Dec-11 18:28:31
Print Post

Re: My Business Infinity Experience (or not!)

[re: mpkayeuk] [link to this post]

I'm afraid I'm not surprised by any of this.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 09-Dec-11 22:23:24
Print Post

CEO
ian.livingston@bt.com

His office is good at sorting this sort of thing. Shame it's the only BT office that is.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(committed) Sun 11-Dec-11 15:24:27
Print Post

Given that Openreach & BT Wholesale are the layers that *every* fibre ISP has to rely on (including BT Retail), you'd think that they would have a pretty responsive department to react to issues within the ISP.

I had the same sort of issues when I installed residential fibre - I hit some kind of snags within the ordering system that fully loused up the ability to order anything, change anything, or cancel anything. My ISP were great, but getting the BT parts to respond in a timely manner was hell.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sun 11-Dec-11 15:59:03
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WWWombat:
Given that Openreach & BT Wholesale are the layers that *every* fibre ISP has to rely on (including BT Retail), you'd think that they would have a pretty responsive department to react to issues within the ISP.

Except TalkTalk (and BE's fibre trial) which have to use OpenReach but don't use BT Wholesale.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to