General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Sat 10-Dec-11 15:55:14
Print Post

"Fibre broadband is here"

[link to this post]

This is the wording on a notice that a colleague has reported just appearing on a couple of cabs here in Cheltenham. Does this indicate that they have gone live?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 10-Dec-11 16:01:01
Print Post

Re: "Fibre broadband is here"

[re: chrisadsl] [link to this post]

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SSCMN
Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Sat 10-Dec-11 16:05:37
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Not sure what your point is. I monitor that all the time, and it still says RFS is Dec 1, even though it's past. I know that Infinity has reached Cheltenham - BT issued a Press Release to that effect a few days ago. My question relates to this particular notice that has appeared on some cabs. I haven't seen this mentioned before, so I was curious if anyone else had seen it, and if it means that that particular cab has gone live.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 10-Dec-11 16:09:05
Print Post

Is it BT-headed? Is it even a BT cabinet? This has never been reported here before, and sounds more like VM style than BT to me.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 10-Dec-11 16:20:01
Print Post

does it say sperfast openreach on the cab if it does it a branded cab and will be a live cab when exchnage is live and orderable
Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Sat 10-Dec-11 18:22:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I can assure you Bob that these are not VM! Just checked with friend and he says they're on the FTTC cabs (which we've both been monitoring in the area).
Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Sat 10-Dec-11 21:02:31
Print Post

The details confirmed:

'Fibre Broadband is here

superfast-openreach.co.uk'

and it's got an OpenReach logo banner across the top.
Standard User RandomJointer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 10-Dec-11 21:23:40
Print Post

yes, I have seen drop cards and onsite advertising for 'superfast broadband' being issued by Openreach.

The Openreach Superfast Broadband micro site lists all the providers in an equivalent way as one would expect.

Curiously I notice some noticeable exceptions on the list. So I presume that some isps are reselling and it would be interesting to know who they are reselling.

Edited by RandomJointer (Sat 10-Dec-11 21:26:02)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 10-Dec-11 22:58:30
Print Post

[re: RandomJointer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RandomJointer:
The Openreach Superfast Broadband micro site lists all the providers in an equivalent way as one would expect.

Curiously I notice some noticeable exceptions on the list. So I presume that some isps are reselling and it would be interesting to know who they are reselling.
Boring boring boring innuendo frown, and seemingly intended to obfuscate things! In fact, what what on earth has your post to do with this thread? Your troll persona needing a meal?

In the absence of any link from you, (I assume you are being deliberately unhelpful), I have found this page. If that is not the one to which you refer please give the correct link.

On that page I see a link to BT Broadband, who resell BT Wholesale, and Plusnet, another subsidiary of BT, also resellers of BT Wholesale. Plus a few others I believe to be doing the same.

The exception is TalkTalk, which is a true provider of Openreach GEA in its own right.

My conclusion is that BT Wholesale customers, and Openreach GEA customers, are invited to advertise with links on that page to their retail operations. Possibly being charged for the facility. Just like the many dubious sites such as uswitch, which to use one of your (normally incorrectly used) favourite denigratory terms, are mere "referral agents".

If you have any evidence whatsoever that the likes of Zen, IDNet, AAISP, Newnet and Entanet, to mention just the obvious ones, are not customers of BT Wholesale in exactly the same way as BT Broadband, Plusnet, Eclipse and all the others there apart from TalkTalk, please post it.

In the lingo of the not too far distant past, put up or shut up!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 10-Dec-11 23:03:47)

Standard User xysdfds
(newbie) Sun 11-Dec-11 10:51:49
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by RandomJointer:

Boring boring boring innuendo frown, and seemingly intended to obfuscate things! In fact, what what on earth has your post to do with this thread? Your troll persona needing a meal?

In the absence of any link from you, (I assume you are being deliberately unhelpful), I have found this page. If that is not the one to which you refer please give the correct link.

On that page I see a link to BT Broadband, who resell BT Wholesale, and Plusnet, another subsidiary of BT, also resellers of BT Wholesale. Plus a few others I believe to be doing the same.

The exception is TalkTalk, which is a true provider of Openreach GEA in its own right.

My conclusion is that BT Wholesale customers, and Openreach GEA customers, are invited to advertise with links on that page to their retail operations. Possibly being charged for the facility. Just like the many dubious sites such as uswitch, which to use one of your (normally incorrectly used) favourite denigratory terms, are mere "referral agents".

If you have any evidence whatsoever that the likes of Zen, IDNet, AAISP, Newnet and Entanet, to mention just the obvious ones, are not customers of BT Wholesale in exactly the same way as BT Broadband, Plusnet, Eclipse and all the others there apart from TalkTalk, please post it.

In the lingo of the not too far distant past, put up or shut up!

You appear to be flying off the handle on this. Possibly into the stratosphere.

If you go to http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/ you'll see the likes of Zen, Entanet, AAISP and co appearing in the bottom right display. If you go to the Business part of the site, and go to "buy it now" http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/for-business/bu... you'll see the full list. Including AAISP, Entanet, Zen.

Presumably the ISP gets to choose where they want to be displayed, and AAISP/Entanet/Zen are positioning themselves to business despite having "home" packages. (and let's face it, they're hardly as consumer oriented as the big boys).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to