General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dm1983
(member) Mon 12-Dec-11 19:41:36
Print Post

Query regarding BT rollout

[link to this post]

With my exchange being part of the number listed for this next year, is it only BT broadband that I can get the better speeds from or will it significantly improve the current service I get from Sky?
Standard User Spasch
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 12-Dec-11 20:17:36
Print Post

Re: Query regarding BT rollout

[re: dm1983] [link to this post]

Not from Sky (currently, anyway) - you'll have to take service with an ISP that is providing FTTC service. There is a list around somewhere (a search of this forum will turn it up)..
Standard User WWWombat
(committed) Mon 12-Dec-11 21:25:11
Print Post

[re: dm1983] [link to this post]

Note that it doesn't automatically speed up *anyone's* existing broadband - with BT, Plusnet, Zen, ADSL24, A+A (etc) you would need to order a new package or an upgrade, and new installation work is needed.

Right now, it doesn't work with almost any of the standard LLU offerings (like Be, Sky etc) - it requires a BT-based phone line as the base requirement (ie goes into BT's exchange, even if the service is bought via a 3rd party). However, Talk-Talk are doing something slightly different from everyone else - I'm not quite sure how their offering fits with LLU.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 12-Dec-11 22:28:02
Print Post

[re: Spasch] [link to this post]

I have a list here of better known ones, and that page has a link to the orly/yarwell summary spreadsheet.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
  Print Thread

Jump to