General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User chrisadsl
(regular) Tue 20-Dec-11 07:11:36
Print Post

Kelly Comms

[link to this post]

Am I leaping to conclusions that the presence yesterday of a man in a Kelly Comms van in front of my open PCP will be fibre related, rather than just routine telecoms stuff? It's the first time I've ever seen them, let alone at a cab. My cab is down for FTTP, so there are been little other evidence of developments. But for those in GL51 - this was the third 'BT' bit of work I saw on my short drive home: the new FTTC cab near Coronation Square was completely encased in a grey tent, next to a BT/OR van, and there was another BT./OR van at the north corner of the Square blowing fibre into the new chamber I saw being built in September.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 20-Dec-11 12:19:56
Print Post

Re: Kelly Comms

[re: chrisadsl] [link to this post]

Openreach is using contractors to add to the workforce at busy times, so may just have been a standard phone job.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 20-Dec-11 13:06:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Or a disguise whilst they rip out 200m of 200pair copper cables.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 20-Dec-11 13:33:52
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
Hmmmm. Joke not!

It was while the FTTC cabinets were being installed by an Irish subcontractor, (may have been Kelly but I forget), that large numbers of gutter drain gratings went AWOL. A spate of it all over the area covered by Stepping Hill exchmage.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 20-Dec-11 14:01:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Hmmmm. Joke not!

It was while the FTTC cabinets were being installed by an Irish subcontractor, (may have been Kelly but I forget), that large numbers of gutter drain gratings went AWOL. A spate of it all over the area covered by Stepping Hill exchmage.

I wasn't !

Some friends lost their connection - twice in a month. Both times the thieves put stolen BT tents over access points and had "telco" vans ... whilst they prepared the ground for a cut, pull and disappear operation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 20-Dec-11 15:18:19
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Some friends lost their connection - twice in a month. Both times the thieves put stolen BT tents over access points and had "telco" vans ... whilst they prepared the ground for a cut, pull and disappear operation.
That's another well-known trick, very commonly pulled on small computer dealers and software houses in the past.

A burglary with the loss of a lot of hardware was nearly always followed within six weeks by a repeat. Some offenders were even caught watching for the delivery of the spanking new kit! My local police informed me of this after the first break-in I had, and caught them on the second. (Sort of frown).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
  Print Thread

Jump to