General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-Jan-12 19:54:33
Print Post

BT Wholesale order acceptance - how concrete is it?

[link to this post]

Hi,

My cabinet very recently went live for FTTC. Or at least BT Wholesale's checker thinks so.

I've placed an order, I have an install date and the BT Wholesale checker has changed its message at the bottom from the "you already have broadband, get a MAC" to "if you've placed an order recently, blah blah".

However the Openreach website seems to think my entire village doesn't have FTTC yet.

So does BT Wholesale's acceptance of the order and the checker saying I can get it actually quite concrete, and I'm not going to be rung up on install day and told the cabinet isn't live yet?

(unlike some people who have seen FTTC disappear from the checkers, mine says I can get it now and has for quite some time)
Standard User TimLaduk
(newbie) Tue 03-Jan-12 20:01:51
Print Post

Re: BT Wholesale order acceptance - how concrete is it?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

sound like another glitch to me...

mine is due to go in on the 9th and the wholesale checker has not changed since I ordered..

I to was a victim of the database error a few weeks ago

Maybe a silly question have you seen your FTTC cab has it been installed..

Maybe you could tell us what town you are in so we can investigate..
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-Jan-12 20:05:28
Print Post

[re: TimLaduk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TimLaduk:
sound like another glitch to me...

mine is due to go in on the 9th and the wholesale checker has not changed since I ordered..

I to was a victim of the database error a few weeks ago

Maybe a silly question have you seen your FTTC cab has it been installed..

Maybe you could tell us what town you are in so we can investigate..

The cabinet definitely exists - it's been there for over a month, and the ELGIN website (local government roadworks) says BT planned to install power cables quite some time ago. I haven't actually gone up to it to see if it is making any noise / to see if it is powered on, though.

The wholesale checker has consistently said that I can get FTTC for a couple of weeks now. My road is the only one in the village so far with an FTTC cabinet, and checking numbers of people who live in my road get the same result as I do, and numbers not in my road show no FTTC availablity - so that bit is accurate.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TimLaduk
(newbie) Tue 03-Jan-12 20:08:08
Print Post

Sounds like you are good to go then...
Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-Jan-12 20:24:43
Print Post

If you can PM me your number/postcode I can check if your cab is on the latest "just enabled" list smile

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 03-Jan-12 20:25:11
Print Post

That doesn't look at all like the BT Wholesale checker output. Care to give us a link to which one you are using? You can't order off BT Wholesale anyway, so can't have an acceptance from them.

Which ISP are you with at the moment? Preferably tell us the exchange as well. Then we might be able to help smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-Jan-12 20:33:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That doesn't look at all like the BT Wholesale checker output. Care to give us a link to which one you are using? You can't order off BT Wholesale anyway, so can't have an acceptance from them.

Note: If you have already placed an order for Broadband and now wish to change to a new supplier, then you will need to cancel the existing order with your service provider or your new request will be rejected. If you do not know who the current Service Provider is, please contact your new Service Provider, who would be able to help you to resolve this issue.

vs.

Note: If you already have a Broadband service enabled on this line and you want to switch service providers, you will need to contact both your current provider and your new provider to get your service changed over new and existing service provider to have this service transferred.

It most definitely is the BT Wholesale checker (http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/...). By "order acceptance" I meant that the message has changed to this (so obviously BT have received the order from my ISP) and that I have an install date - which logically BT aren't going to give to my ISP if the service isn't yet available.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 03-Jan-12 21:09:29
Print Post

You've given a partial link. If I put it into the URL entry, it redirects to BT (Retail) Broadband.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-Jan-12 22:04:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi

Could someone check my Postcode to see if any update.
Everything went September 2010, except my cab, trying to find the holdup. Already talking with BT Chairman for Comms. But a headsup would be good.

ME10 5JP

Cheers Jason
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 03-Jan-12 22:20:24
Print Post

Are you the same Anon as the OP, or not?
This thread could get very confusing if info for two different Anons is present.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to