General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User faz1964
(learned) Wed 04-Jan-12 12:21:41
Print Post

Is my line on the FTTP List?

[link to this post]

Hi

Does anyone know if my home in LS10 4SQ is on the FTTP list as we are not connected to a cabinet, only directly to the Hunslet exchange which is some 2km away.

Many thanks
Standard User WWWombat
(committed) Wed 04-Jan-12 18:04:14
Print Post

Re: Is my line on the FTTP List?

[re: faz1964] [link to this post]

I just responded to a very similar post, with pretty much the same answer...

One big difference between the spreadsheet that appeared in May and the one from December was the inclusion of the data for "Exchange Only" lines: There were no such lines included in the original spreadsheet at all.

The new (pair of) spreadsheets includes data for Exchange-Only lines, in that it shows the postcode areas supplied that way.

However, every single EO postcode description shows *no* support for either FTTC or FTTP.

But, even though there is a column labelled "Exchange Only Flag", and this column takes values of "0" or "1", the header has a get-out clause saying "PLEASE NOTE: Postcodes which map to Exchange Only Lines are not shown in this report." Take your pick as to whether the data is reliable!

LS10 4SQ does appear in the list, but unfortunately it is shown as not included in the deployment plan - and that 100% of the lines in that postcode are EO lines.
Standard User faz1964
(learned) Thu 05-Jan-12 11:52:43
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Hi

Many thanks for your reply.

Looks like we are getting the short end of the stick again.

Story of my life.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-Jan-12 15:50:18
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

The September PCP to Postcode data had EO line information too (and I'm sure a previous version also had this...)

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
  Print Thread

Jump to