General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zzzzac
(newbie) Tue 10-Jan-12 20:56:30
Print Post

PCP82 Basingstoke Now saying NOT Fibre Enabled Why??

[link to this post]

I have been checking PCP82 for a week to ensure that i could get fibre broadband in Heritage Park, Basingstoke RG22 4XT

It has been coming back all week saying i can get 30.8mbs down with 10mb up. On going to place my order this evening BT Checker now showing i cannot receive it. I could up until the weekend. This was checked using telephone to avoid any problems with postcode.

Anyone else seen this ?

Edited by zzzzac (Tue 10-Jan-12 20:57:26)

Standard User WWWombat
(committed) Wed 11-Jan-12 01:24:52
Print Post

Re: PCP82 Basingstoke Now saying NOT Fibre Enabled Why??

[re: zzzzac] [link to this post]

It is plausible tht BT have just caught a mistake in their database, and eradicated it. Also possible is that they've run out of connecting wires in the tie pairs, and need to install some more.

Most likely though is that there is a temporary fault in the database that has removed that information... and it will get restored in a day or two.

You could contact your ISP and get them to check.
Standard User zzzzac
(newbie) Wed 11-Jan-12 08:12:17
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

My ISP is o2 on LLU, I have called them but they dont know anything. I have called BT and all they are saying is that I cannot get it with no explanation as to why i could a few days ago.

I remember now why i moved away from BT's broadband.

Thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(newbie) Wed 11-Jan-12 09:38:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by zzzzac:
My ISP is o2 on LLU, I have called them but they dont know anything. I have called BT and all they are saying is that I cannot get it with no explanation as to why i could a few days ago.

Thanks

Because of a potential data error? Seems an odd reason to move.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 11-Jan-12 10:40:47
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:

Thanks

Because of a potential data error? Seems an odd reason to move.

No because the of the frustration when you call up and clearly one team does not talk to the other. I spoke to them this morning as well and was told to send btopenreach an email. Great i said can you please direct me to the site so i cando this. 20minutes later we were still clicking around the openreach site going around in circles. In the end they just said you wont be able to do this.

oh well the thought was nice but will just have to wait until they sort the checker out.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 11-Jan-12 12:17:30
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Is this nothing at all or cabinet has gone in, but nothing else done?
Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 12-Jan-12 16:37:35
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

No because the of the frustration when you call up and clearly one team does not talk to the other.

That'll be because talking to BT Retail (broadband, infinity) isn't the same as talking to Openreach (who install the fibre cabs).

It's essentially like calling Orange to say your mobile doesn't work...when you have a mobile with Vodafone.

---
> Comparison chart of FTTC ISPs
> Got FTTC? Complete the survey

BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
Speedtest Tracking
Standard User DougM
(member) Thu 12-Jan-12 17:10:18
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

True, and the fact BT operates as a group of companies is primarily to ensure it can demonstrate compliance with the regulatory requirements to provide equal access to wholesale customers.

My experience is that small ISPs are much better at getting information from BT Openreach and BT Wholesale: you can talk directly to someone who has direct access to controlled roll-out documents and who can lean on account managers for information.

The front-line BT Retail staff don't have access to the same detail.

It's also why small ISPs can offer such great service relative to BT Retail, even when using BT Wholesale. ADSL24, AAISP and others provide a fantastic level of support using their commercial relationship with BT. There are other advantages to using BT Retail, but getting technical detail from Openreach is not one of them!

-==-
DougM
Standard User zzzzac
(newbie) Thu 12-Jan-12 22:24:10
Print Post

[re: DougM] [link to this post]

Cabinet has been installed months ago apparently, talking to BT Retail and Business did not help as all they do is check with a couple of online checkers. Also emailing Openreach was useless as well as they will only deal with BT and not with direct customers. told me to contact BT, BT told me to contact openreach.

Going round in circles here, time to leave it as BT clearly do not know what is going on and they are the only ones that can fix it.
Standard User zzzzac
(newbie) Thu 12-Jan-12 22:25:53
Print Post

That'll be because talking to BT Retail (broadband, infinity) isn't the same as talking to Openreach (who install the fibre cabs).

It's essentially like calling Orange to say your mobile doesn't work...when you have a mobile with Vodafone.

See the post above.....
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to