General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User GTi_Jazz_Blue
(newbie) Wed 11-Jan-12 11:27:11
Print Post

FTTC rollout 01489 exchange but my cabinet hasn't been done

[link to this post]

Morning all,
My Exchange (01489) LOCKSHEATH is FTTC enabled but our Cabinet on the Exchange (11) hasn't been upgraded.

Is there any way of finding out why and if BT will be upgrading it at sometime in the future.

I get a reasonable connection on Be (7Mb/s) but having experienced 37Mb/s on the same exchange at my business, I would lile FTTC at home too.

Thanks.

Paul

BeThere 7Mb/s link 01489 exchange FTTC in the area but not my Cabinet (why)
Also have 2 * FTTC Zen Business connections at my business (37 & 35 Mb/s)
Standard User ccxo
(member) Wed 11-Jan-12 17:31:44
Print Post

Re: FTTC rollout 01489 exchange but my cabinet hasn't been d

[re: GTi_Jazz_Blue] [link to this post]

This is the data for cabinet 11, as you have not posted you're post code is it one of the ones below?

STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319JG {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 13% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319JL {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 26% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH PO144LP {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 33% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319JH {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 34% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319AD{STLOCKH}{P11} 0 69% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319AE {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 76% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319HA{STLOCKH}{P11} 0 84% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319HG{STLOCKH}{P11} 0 84% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319HH {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 100%8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319HF {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 100%8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319LA {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 100%8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319SB {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 100%8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319SA{STLOCKH}{P11} 0 100%8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319HJ {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 100% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319HD {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 100% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319HB {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 100% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319HL {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 100% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319JN {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 100% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319JJ {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 100% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC
STLOCKH LOCKSHEATH SO319HE {STLOCKH}{P11} 0 100% 8.85 6a Yes FTTC

Possibly BT are behind in you're area as phase 6a was a while back current pahse is 9b, also the ossue could be that the power contractes are behind.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by ccxo (Wed 11-Jan-12 17:32:25)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 31-Jan-12 18:48:41
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Hi - Are you able to tell me what cabinet i am on? i am on the hengoed exchange - my postcode is CF82 6GT. Exchange says its FTTC enabled but i am told i still cant get fibre as line not connected to cabinet or one of many other reasons...Is there any way to tell which cabinet i am on and any way to push to get my line connected since my exchange is enabled. I am with Sky at the moment and get 12mb download speeds easily.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 31-Jan-12 19:05:31
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

CF82 6GT
Two cabinets serve that postcode.

3% by cab 20. Not on the rollout plans at all at the moment.
96% by cab 6. FTTC, phase 9a.

Allowing for rounding down, that looks like all of them. Sounds like you may be on cab 20 frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 31-Jan-12 19:23:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks. So what can I do about this and when is phase 9a? Is there a way to get round this issue? I have a good 12mb download speed now and want to get onto FTTC or FTTH/P ? Is it technically possible?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 31-Jan-12 19:37:02
Print Post

Phases don't seem to have published dates I'm afraid, but I guess 9a can't be far away.

What does this checker say?

If you are on cab 20 then that's the end of it for now frown. You cannot get changed to a different cabinet. You just have to hope it comes in a later phase that hasn't been created yet.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 31-Jan-12 19:38:56)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 31-Jan-12 19:45:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Checker asks for address as phone line not with BT. It came back with this:

For Address xxxx, HENGOED, CF82 6GT on Exchange HENGOED

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial check on your address indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 1Mbps. However due to the length of your line the 1Mbps service may require an engineer visit who will, where possible, supply the broadband service.

Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 3.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 2.5Mbps and 6.5Mbps.

Our check also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 4.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3Mbps and 7Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 500Kbps and downstream line speed of 4.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 3Mbps and 7Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

Thank you for your interest.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

I read somewhere that phase 9a or 9 was 2014?? Would BT confirm what cabinet i am actually on? Who do i contact to ask? Is it not possible i am connected but its other reasons that i cannot get FTTC?

Does the fact Sky announced today its rollout plans, (who i get my phone/broadband from) change things at all?
Standard User ccxo
(member) Tue 31-Jan-12 20:48:38
Print Post

Hi, phase 9a/9b will likely be this year, as phase 7a/7b completion got put back to March, have seen a exchange with 7a and 9b enablement date of June so, phase 9 should be this year.
The main problem with the phases is that they take a while to complete as some exchanges have upwards of 60 pcp's etc so theres a long time till all the ones that are planned are installed and powered. So theirs no real timeline to put a phase to, its more how BT OR are doing in each area which only they know.

Ive found cabinet 6, its on Duffryn Street just off Penallta Road on google maps, if you go down you will be able to see if the cabinet is there, if its humming power has been installed to it.

Looking at both pcp 20 and pcp 6, aside from 2 postcodes the others are covered by pcp 6 (CF826AL
CF826AN), so at this stage commericaly its proably not worth BT upgrading pcp 20 though this may change as Wales goes to tender with its BDUK funds.

Skys plans will not affect you at all regarding FTTC as if you're ppc is 20 then theres no upgrade by BT planned at current. There has been infill by BT to an extent from exchanges enabled earlier on in the phases.

If you can try neighbours phone numbers that are with BT as their likely connected to the same cab.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Wed 01-Feb-12 12:10:12
Print Post

The phase number is the phase that the exchange was announced in, but not an indication of when it will rollout.

In the early days, rollout mostly followed teh order of announcement, so was easy to work out.

Now, the most recent announcements tend to include exchanges that will be included within 3 months *and* exchanges in a year or so.

The best idea for timing at exchange level comes from Openreach "where and when".

The best idea of when your line is included comes from the link you've already been given. Unfortunately, only the number-based checker is really accurate, but only works with BT-based numbers.

You've given the address-based result. What does the postcdoe-based checker say?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 29-Apr-12 08:56:57
Print Post

Any chance you could look at my post code WR5 2ES - Openreach keep putting back the expected date for my cabinet - not sure where my cabinet is.

I am probably no more than 300 yards from St Peters exchange but the loop out from the Exchange has all been fttc enabled my cabinet must be on the last let back to the exchange.

Thanks

DGBeej
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to