General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MaxNRG
(regular) Tue 17-Jan-12 23:19:25
Print Post

Ilford Central FTTP Rollout

[link to this post]

To cut a long story short OR appear to have stopped one street short of my Cab #66 on LNILC. I read with interest posts on this forum about OR targetting streets with Cable installed as all the streets around me have cable but my street and the two next to it are a new build from 2004/5 with no cable, all connected to a single cab which is ~4km line length from the exchange (4Mb/1Mb ADSL2+). The BT spreadsheet has my cab listed as FTTP status 'No' implying the deployment has been deferred or cancelled.

My question is if anyone can make any suggestions as to how I can find out if FTTP is going to be installed any time soon, if the cab wasn't listed at all I'd know there was no hope but the entry gives hope which is annoying when I can see my neighbours house less than 50m behind my house and know they can have FTTP and Cable but I can have neither...

Cheers.

Thomson TG582n + AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Generation)
on BE Home 24Mb

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User WWWombat
(committed) Wed 18-Jan-12 21:06:39
Print Post

Re: Ilford Central FTTP Rollout

[re: MaxNRG] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MaxNRG:
if the cab wasn't listed at all I'd know there was no hope but the entry gives hope which is annoying when I can see my neighbours house less than 50m behind my house and know they can have FTTP and Cable but I can have neither...

No listing would mean that the postcode hasn't been considered yet - so there *would* be hope.

The "no hope" case is where the postcode is listed, but there is neither a YES nor NO in the column. These are the ones that have been considered and found undeserving; they are the ones that BT may come back to in 2014.

While a "Yes" is a good sign, a "No" is not necessarily a bad sign, as it means that the postcode was originally found to be worthwhile, but that something has happened to cause it to be removed. The question is... does the postcode still have a phase associated with it, and (if so) how does that differ from the phases mentioned in the surrounding postcodes?

Around here, a small number of postcodes got deferred. They were on the boundary to a different exchange (being done in a later phase), and I suspect that the detailed planning meant that they ended up being connected (fibre backhaul) to the other exchange instead.
Standard User MaxNRG
(regular) Thu 19-Jan-12 00:18:48
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Thanks for the response WWWombat, as you say I hope No means not now rather than not ever.

You've got me thinking that the path my copper line takes from Cab to exchange may be away from the area next to my home that has been FTTC enabled... There are a few post codes in that direction that are not fibre enabled. When I get to a computer I'll check which 'phase' they are in, if any.

Thanks again!

Thomson TG582n + AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Generation)
on BE Home 24Mb

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MaxNRG
(regular) Thu 16-Aug-12 21:16:17
Print Post

Got this response today from Openreach... Gutted

=====

Thank you for contacting us about fibre broadband. You are connected to LN/ILC 66.

This cab has currently been deferred out of the roll-out program, this is due to complex planning problems which has made this area commercially unviable.

As such, at this time we unable to give you a date for when your area, served by cab LN/ILC 66 will be enabled.

We have made a commitment to our customers, shareholders and the government to roll-out fibre broadband to 66% of the UK by November 2014. This is a complex and long term project and due to advances in technology which we are pursuing whilst the roll-out is being deployed, we may revisit many areas previously thought not to be commercially viable at the start of the project, such as this one, but this would be a commitment in the long term and not something that we can consider at this time.
Where cabinets are not commercially viable Government funding is available to county councils and if you can, it is worth registering your interest on your borough or County council website

You may also wish to lobby your local councillor on progress in your local area. You can also register your interest on the Openreach website at;  www.openreach.co.uk

I appreciate it is frustrating but we are deploying Fibre Broadband on a commercial basis and are not able to provide service to your PCP on that basis.

Regards

Tony Franklin
Network Investment Customer Engagement
Email:-  nga.complaints.or.enquiries@openreach.co.uk|

TG582n + AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Generation)
on BE Home 24Mb
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User PaulKirby
(newbie) Thu 03-Jul-14 23:25:36
Print Post

I know this is an old post that I am replying to but we are also connected to the Ilford Central Exchange and are down for FTTP however our Cabinet 24 seems to not of been upgraded yet leaving the lower part of our road and a couple of other side roads with no fibre, however the upper half or our road as well as a few other side roads do however they are using Cabinet 39.
I located both of these cabinets and they are across the road from each other.

Here is what the FTTC Checker says:
Cabinet (PCP) No: 24
Cabinet Vendor: BLANK
Probability: 46%
Uplift: 10.8
Phase: Phase 05b
Deployment Date: BLANK

Cabinet (PCP) No: 39
Cabinet Vendor: BLANK
Probability: 52%
Uplift: 11.08
Phase: Phase 05b
Deployment Date: BLANK

Like I said Cabinet 39 has FTTP enabled.

I did read "We have made a commitment to our customers, shareholders and the government to roll-out fibre broadband to 66% of the UK by November 2014."

So dies that mean they are still working on it due to I am down as part of that 66% just wondering why its taking so long and we have been down to be fibred up since November 2011 when our current ISP asked is we wanted to test out the 100Mbit FTTP and our ISP and ourselves have yet to be told what's holding them up.
It have nearly been 3 years already.

Also our ISP did say the following "Interestingly your line shows details for fibre line characteristics that is only found when a FTTP service is likely to go live."

So does that mean they are working on it now because I did read this:
Sites_with_capacity_issues_250614.pdf

Thanks
Paul
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 03-Jul-14 23:30:51
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Commercial rollout is almost done but there was a £50m extension and some delayed fttc and fttp stuff still underway

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(newbie) Thu 03-Jul-14 23:46:15
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Commercial rollout is almost done but there was a £50m extension and some delayed fttc and fttp stuff still underway

Thanks, I was getting no where with BT support and 3 years was starting to be a joke with no feedback from Openreach at all to our ISP so they just gave up.

I do understand the amount of work required to install Fibre from the Exchange to my house, it was just like having salt put on the wound where we have had all the fibre stuff in the pit and at the top of the pole fitted many years ago and every Openreach engineer questioned all said its all fibred up and gave a giggle when we wasn't.

Once again thanks for the info.
Paul
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Fri 04-Jul-14 08:08:01
Print Post

If you have a black manifold installed at the top of the pole that your phone line comes from then you should be able to get FTTP. If that is the case then perhaps there is a database problem. Have you checked the status for your phone line at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com?

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User PaulKirby
(newbie) Fri 04-Jul-14 08:43:00
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

Yeah we have the following at the top of the pole, a normal black box for the phone line as well as what looks like to be a black coke bottle with a very think black cable going in one end.

Yes, we have been doing checks every hour LOL
But sadly no fibre info yet only the ADSL stuff.

But I am hopeful due to we are down as part of the 66% so its just a waiting game.
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Fri 04-Jul-14 08:58:57
Print Post

Putting the coke bottle (manifold) at the top of the poles was the laest part of the Openreach deployment for those served by a pole from my cabinet. However, it did take over 2 years from when other cabinets were available on FTTC on our exchange for the FTTP cabinet to become available. At least as you are served by a pole the final part of the installation will be simple as soon as FTTP does become available to you. I have a further fight on my hands as our copper provision is through an armoured cable buried in the ground.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to