General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MaxNRG
(member) Tue 28-Nov-17 17:46:47
Print Post

Re: Ilford Central FTTP Rollout

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Just seen the construction work around LNILC PCP 66 that started yesterday. Hoping that they don't have any technical issues with the install. Trying to contain my impatience for completion, can't wait to increase our broadband speed by 20 to 25 times!

Asus DSL-AC68U
on EE & Sky Unlimited ADSL
(Formerly on Be Bonded Service, alas killed by Sky)

Sky : speedtest.net : 13th July 2015 20:43 BST
23ms ping : 3.77Mb/s Down 0.60Mb/s Up : London Server

Be Internet : speedtest.net : 2nd Jan 2013 12:13 GMT
21ms ping : 4.24Mb/s Down 0.91Mb/s Up : London Server
Standard User MaxNRG
(member) Sat 02-Dec-17 22:31:26
Print Post

[re: MaxNRG] [link to this post]

Pictures of our new Fibre Cabnet smile

LNILC PCP66 Fibre Cabinet 1
LNILC PCP 66 Fibre Cabinet 2
LNILC PCP 66 Existing Cabinet in relation to Fibre Cabinet

Gotta remind myself weve waited 6 years... another few months is not an issue!

Asus DSL-AC68U

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Dec-17 00:14:13
Print Post

I am glad its all going ahead, shouldn't be too long now smile

BTW how far are you from the cabinet?

Yeah, I had to wait 5 to 6 years to get our FTTP and all the hardware was already in place since 2011 - 2012, just they system said no LOL.

A few emails to the high up people and also my local MP getting involved got it resolved for us.
Might of also been me stating they are wasting money not making that hardware available for us, then a few days after it was available tongue

Granted there was a slight build issue where the engineers incorrectly installed the fibres into the Splitter Node Trays and between the Splitter Node and each of the DP hardware, after a further month it was resolved.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.47 Mbps (down), 29.78 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MaxNRG
(member) Sun 03-Dec-17 01:58:55
Print Post

I think I am 300-350 metres to the cabinet. Im hoping this is close enough for the maximum 80/20 connection via FTTC fingers crossed.

Might look at a FTTPoD quote once FTTC is live as I suspect the nearest aggregation point is less than 550m away since the next road to mine has FTTP.

Asus DSL-AC68U

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Dec-17 02:12:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by MaxNRG:
I think I am 300-350 metres to the cabinet. Im hoping this is close enough for the maximum 80/20 connection via FTTC fingers crossed.

You might be lucky, I know I am about 450m from my cabinet and BTOR states the following:
"speeds":
{
    "fttc":
    {
         "up":"11.83",
         "down":"44"
    },
    "fttp":
    {
        "up":"",
        "down":330
    },
    "gfast":
    {
        "up":"",
        "down":""
    }
},
"fttc":true,
"fttp":true,
"gfast":""

So that's about 44Mbits down and just under 12Mbits up and that's if I was lucky.
Its strange that they don't list the upload speed for FTTP where as they do for FTTC and possibly GFAST.

In reply to a post by MaxNRG:
Might look at a FTTPoD quote once FTTC is live as I suspect the nearest aggregation point is less than 550m away since the next road to mine has FTTP.

The Agg Node could be outside your home but if its full nothing else can come off it.

Its also down to how their network is all routed, they may or may not take a different route for FTTPod.

But if that Agg Node is full they could always go to the next nearest Agg Node that has free fibres.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.47 Mbps (down), 29.78 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User sdurrani
(newbie) Tue 03-Apr-18 10:23:01
Print Post

Well, i am connected to the same cabinet 66 as well. Its been 3 months and the status is still stuck with Connect phase. I wrote the email to the CEO which then got fwd to lower staff. They said the cabinet got power and just waiting for fibre connections and should be done by the end of March so they have now another email from me in their inbox.
I have also written to the MP and he is raising the issue with them as well. It looks like this is taking unusually long time. This needs to be fixed as all over the area everyone got Fibre as well as Virgin cable and we have none.

Also, the btwholesale site show this, so the speed will be much better than 2 mbps we are getting at the minute.

VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 63 20 19 55.3 Planned -- --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 80 55.8 20 17.2 42.5 Planned -- --

Edited by sdurrani (Tue 03-Apr-18 11:15:32)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Apr-18 12:57:57
Print Post

[re: sdurrani] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sdurrani:
Well, i am connected to the same cabinet 66 as well. Its been 3 months and the status is still stuck with Connect phase. I wrote the email to the CEO which then got fwd to lower staff. They said the cabinet got power and just waiting for fibre connections and should be done by the end of March so they have now another email from me in their inbox.
I have also written to the MP and he is raising the issue with them as well. It looks like this is taking unusually long time. This needs to be fixed as all over the area everyone got Fibre as well as Virgin cable and we have none.

Also, the btwholesale site show this, so the speed will be much better than 2 mbps we are getting at the minute.

VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 63 20 19 55.3 Planned -- --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 80 55.8 20 17.2 42.5 Planned -- --

I just checked the work in the area and they are doing some unblocking of ducts, also seems they are also trying to locate a blockage too.

These jobs are due to finish on the 5th (assuming they were completed) some times jobs are passed so they have to make another request to do the works.

These jobs might be required to be completed before they can install all the fibre cables if they haven't done so already, this can also take some time to do.

I say give it another week or two checking daily you might be lucky.

And yes those speeds will be great compared to 2Mbps you got before.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.27 Mbps (down), 30.5 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User sdurrani
(newbie) Tue 03-Apr-18 13:53:23
Print Post

Thanks, where are you looking for jobs? i am checking https://roadworks.org/ and it only shows one work which was supposed to be finished today but there wasn't work done when i looked this morning on the way to work and its little far away, do you think they are getting cables from that cabiet?
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Apr-18 14:17:53
Print Post

[re: sdurrani] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sdurrani:
Thanks, where are you looking for jobs? i am checking https://roadworks.org/ and it only shows one work which was supposed to be finished today but there wasn't work done when i looked this morning on the way to work and its little far away, do you think they are getting cables from that cabiet?

I am using Roadworks and I can see the following:
Roadwork Ref: BC006TI001LC500260037900
Roadwork Ref: BC006TI001LC500260173100

They don't seem to be part of the same Job lot, unless it was added later on.

Not sure on BT's routing of the cables, so they could come from anywhere, but where being told that a cabinet is waiting for the fibres to be connected up, and you sometimes see ducts being unblocked.

So those 2 above jobs may or may not be linked to your cabinet getting the fibre cables.

As for the work you say not being done, that happens a lot, there was a chamber that needed to be replaced with an newer larger standard square shaped one down my road and it took 3 to 4 jobs on roadwork's before it was completed.

So yeah, it may take a few tries before it gets done.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.27 Mbps (down), 30.5 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User sdurrani
(newbie) Tue 03-Apr-18 14:33:25
Print Post

Thanks the first one i was referring to which perhaps not that far but who knows. The later is too far away i would think.
I thought the FTTC cabinet connects to near aggregate point? if so, it should be near by as the streets before got fibre. but i guess we still need to wait and see.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to