General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Apr-18 14:45:06
Print Post

Re: Ilford Central FTTP Rollout

[re: sdurrani] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sdurrani:
Thanks the first one i was referring to which perhaps not that far but who knows. The later is too far away i would think.
I thought the FTTC cabinet connects to near aggregate point? if so, it should be near by as the streets before got fibre. but i guess we still need to wait and see.

Well it would depend on if BT are routing fibre cables down the Ilford Lane (A123) and then Loxford Lane, if so then these jobs might not be linked to your cabinet.

As for the AGN (Aggregation Node) the one closest to you might be already full, so they would have to fall back to its parent node and so on until they fine some spare fibres where they run and install a new AGN for your area.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.27 Mbps (down), 30.5 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User MaxNRG
(member) Wed 04-Apr-18 00:33:15
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

I figured I'd give BTO the full 5-6 months from FTTC Cabinet install before I got impatient with them, but it appears my neighbours are just as keen for them to get a move on as we are at 4 months and counting since the cabinet appeared. After waiting the 6 years and 3 months that this thread has been going (and over 13 years since this estate was built) I'm not about to get hysterical over a couple of months delay. There are many punters on sub-USO connections both urban and rural that don't even have a date, let alone a fibre cabinet.

I've not seen any activity at the FTTC cabinet next to LNILC 66 for a couple of months, I figured the holdup was the usual scheduling of actual engineers to do the connecting...

Asus DSL-AC68U
on EE & Sky Unlimited ADSL
(Formerly on Be Bonded Service, alas killed by Sky)

Sky : speedtest.net : 13th July 2015 20:43 BST
23ms ping : 3.77Mb/s Down 0.60Mb/s Up : London Server

Be Internet : speedtest.net : 2nd Jan 2013 12:13 GMT
21ms ping : 4.24Mb/s Down 0.91Mb/s Up : London Server
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Apr-18 08:33:58
Print Post

[re: MaxNRG] [link to this post]

Well I am wondering if our exchange could handle any more connections, I have been told by a few engineers that our exchange needs upgrading to support the new Ultrafast BT are starting to supply.

Whether this is true or not I cannot say, but I have noticed my speeds starting to get lower and lower in the evenings as they install fibre to more homes, so this might be true.

Like I have said already I can see jobs where they are clearing ducts, blockages etc, so this might be so there is space for more fibre cables.

Paul

TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sdurrani
(newbie) Wed 04-Apr-18 10:11:23
Print Post

I am hoping they have enough bandwidth and connections for new users because this estate easily got 200+ houses and i am sure atleast 50% would go for it.

I was also wondering, if the fibre connection is not done and they are clearing ducts or even finding AGN, how are they able to update the btwholesale website with very specfic info about the speeds etc?
I would laugh if this all turns out to be just a status update issue and the cabinet is already connected lol.
Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Wed 04-Apr-18 11:28:16
Print Post

The checker is giving VDSL2 connection estimates between the cabinet and the end user (Distribution point in fact).
I would suggest the cabinet isn't yet connected and they are looking at
Alternative routes for the fibre connection due to a number of blockages found
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Apr-18 11:30:28
Print Post

Well according the BT Wholesale Site I can get the 50Mbits up, sadly BT says I cannot due to its not available yet.

This is (according to the engineers I spoke to) due to not enough bandwidth to the exchange to handle all these connections, like I said this may or may not be true, but I am seeing more and more of my bandwidth go in the evenings where as during the day its all fine.

It might be already connected and they are waiting for the hardware at the exchange to be upgraded before they enable the cabinet.

But until this is confirmed this is all guess work.

Paul

Standard User sdurrani
(newbie) Wed 18-Apr-18 20:38:22
Print Post

Finally got some respond from OR
ď
After we installed the fibre cabinet, we needed to install our fibre cables into it to connect it to our network. But we came across an unexpected problem. When we tried to feed through our fibre cable into the underground duct, we found that a large section of it was blocked. To unblock this would have needed traffic lights and permission for a road closure from the local council so that our contractors can carry out the work safely. All this wouldíve delayed the upgrade work even more. So, we explored what alternatives we had.

The good news is weíve found an alternative solution and believe we can utilise some of the fibre cable thatís already been fitted underground nearby. We hope to begin the engineering work soon to connect this fibre cable to the fibre broadband cabinet. This work will take some weeks to finish.

As things stand, fibre broadband should be available by the end of June. But as this is complex work, there is a chance that the delivery date could be pushed

So some hope that they havenít forgotten and soon it will be resolved.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Apr-18 20:48:43
Print Post

Ah, I thought it was due to blockages, glad they are looking into ways to resolve the issues.

Paul

Standard User MaxNRG
(member) Fri 20-Apr-18 05:05:33
Print Post

Well done getting a response out of OR. Basically itís been so long since they laid the FTTP fibre in the rest if our area that the ducts have become blocked, I shouldn't be surprised... I wonder how far away the blockage was and what the alternate routing is?

Asus DSL-AC68U
on EE & Sky Unlimited ADSL
(Formerly on Be Bonded Service, alas killed by Sky)

Sky : speedtest.net : 13th July 2015 20:43 BST
23ms ping : 3.77Mb/s Down 0.60Mb/s Up : London Server

Be Internet : speedtest.net : 2nd Jan 2013 12:13 GMT
21ms ping : 4.24Mb/s Down 0.91Mb/s Up : London Server

Edited by MaxNRG (Fri 20-Apr-18 05:06:26)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Apr-18 08:41:20
Print Post

[re: MaxNRG] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MaxNRG:
Well done getting a response out of OR. Basically itís been so long since they laid the FTTP fibre in the rest if our area that the ducts have become blocked, I shouldn't be surprised... I wonder how far away the blockage was and what the alternate routing is?

As far as I can see there was some blockages not far from the exchange due to there were some job down to locate and clear them.

One thing I can say is the Exchange has been upgraded to do Ultrafast if you are on FTTP that is.

Paul

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to