General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-May-18 20:15:44
Print Post

Re: Ilford Central FTTP Rollout

[re: MaxNRG] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MaxNRG:
Openreach status has moved to ‘Activate’, was in ‘Connect’ for 4.5 months.

I can barely contain my excitement!!!

It must of changed over night due to it was still on the connect stage yesterday.

I was the same with FTTP and Ultrafast 2, I had spent a long time with a rubbish ADSL2+ connection that was dropping out when it rained etc, I spent a 20 odd mins doing loads tests LOL

But yeah, not long now smile

BTW what speeds does the DSL Checker estimate you will get?

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast 2 + FVA
Exchange Name: Ilford Central (LNILC) Cabinet: 24
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)

Edited by PaulKirby (Thu 03-May-18 20:17:25)

Standard User MaxNRG
(member) Fri 04-May-18 00:14:46
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

The guys doing the install on Saturday were spot on. BT Wholesale site says 'Planned ' for WBC FTTC with speed estimates:

VDSL Range A (clean) 63-80 Downstream, 19-20 Upstream : Minimum 55.3 Downstream
VDSL Range B (impacted) 55.8-80 Downstream, 17.2-20 Upstream : Minimum 42.5 Downstream

Not sure which range I fit into, but will be very happy with 60 Mbps+

Asus DSL-AC68U
on EE & Sky Unlimited ADSL
(Formerly on Be Bonded Service, alas killed by Sky)

Sky : speedtest.net : 13th July 2015 20:43 BST
23ms ping : 3.77Mb/s Down 0.60Mb/s Up : London Server

Be Internet : speedtest.net : 2nd Jan 2013 12:13 GMT
21ms ping : 4.24Mb/s Down 0.91Mb/s Up : London Server

Edited by MaxNRG (Fri 04-May-18 00:15:15)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-May-18 03:24:44
Print Post

The guys doing the install on Saturday were spot on. BT Wholesale site says 'Planned ' for WBC FTTC with speed estimates:

VDSL Range A (clean) 63-80 Downstream, 19-20 Upstream : Minimum 55.3 Downstream
VDSL Range B (impacted) 55.8-80 Downstream, 17.2-20 Upstream : Minimum 42.5 Downstream

Not sure which range I fit into, but will be very happy with 60 Mbps+

Well if you have good wiring they I would say Range A, but aiming for 60Mbps would be good.

Paul

TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sdurrani
(newbie) Fri 04-May-18 11:14:31
Print Post

Its available now, yay!. Already ordered with EE to upgrade. BT and other websites are reflecting the same. Vodafone says they are out of capacity at the exchange ( i wanted to go with them). so EE it is then. Contract expiring on 18th (i know lucky) so they will move me to fibre on 18th.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-May-18 19:50:38
Print Post

[re: sdurrani] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sdurrani:
Its available now, yay!. Already ordered with EE to upgrade. BT and other websites are reflecting the same. Vodafone says they are out of capacity at the exchange ( i wanted to go with them). so EE it is then. Contract expiring on 18th (i know lucky) so they will move me to fibre on 18th.

Nice and congrats, I know we were very excited when we finally got fibre after 5 years of being told its not here when it was.

What speed did you go with in the end with EE?
I know you will notice the difference tongue

Paul

Standard User sdurrani
(newbie) Fri 04-May-18 20:34:25
Print Post

Yeah thanks. Very excited lol.
The speed is same between 50-60 mbps. Not sure why the minimum was 30mbps but can’t complain even then. This is easily 20 times what I am dealing with right now. Gutted that Vodafone was not available. I thought they were not updated but the guy told me that they are out of capacity or something .
Now gotta wait till 18th. All set otherwise.
Standard User MaxNRG
(member) Fri 04-May-18 21:28:35
Print Post

All good with me as well. Upgraded 3 ADSL connections to FTTC. BT said minimum speed would be 52 Mbps, EE said 35 Mbps and Sky said 56 Mbps. Total cost to go from 3Mbps ADSL to 20x faster ~60Mbps FTTC was £3-4 per month from each provider!!! 18th May install estimate. I suspect a couple of engineers will be upgrading 10s of lines that day in PCP66.

Can't wait to upgrade my signature wink

Asus DSL-AC68U

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-May-18 21:50:44
Print Post

[re: sdurrani] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sdurrani:
Yeah thanks. Very excited lol.
The speed is same between 50-60 mbps. Not sure why the minimum was 30mbps but can’t complain even then. This is easily 20 times what I am dealing with right now. Gutted that Vodafone was not available. I thought they were not updated but the guy told me that they are out of capacity or something .
Now gotta wait till 18th. All set otherwise.

Yeah, sounds about right, you watch those 2 weeks go slow and then slow to a halt near the end lol

Paul

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-May-18 22:04:24
Print Post

All good with me as well. Upgraded 3 ADSL connections to FTTC. BT said minimum speed would be 52 Mbps, EE said 35 Mbps and Sky said 56 Mbps. Total cost to go from 3Mbps ADSL to 20x faster ~60Mbps FTTC was £3-4 per month from each provider!!! 18th May install estimate. I suspect a couple of engineers will be upgrading 10s of lines that day in PCP66.

Can't wait to upgrade my signature wink

Yeah, our price from ADSL 2+ to Infinity 4 was a big jump, but if you work out the price per Mbit it is cheaper.

Also the price difference from Infinity 4 to Ultrafast 2 was a few quid per month, we did have a discount on infinity 4 at the time of about £21 per month due to a resub.

So all in all it is also cheaper.

Well I could have more connections due to having the 4 Data Port ONT fitted, but TBH I don't think I need any more speed, sure an extra connection for backup would be nice, but overall we are happy what we have now.

As for the sig, yeah smile I think mine will stay like this for a while.

Paul

Standard User MaxNRG
(member) Sat 05-May-18 09:37:30
Print Post

Because we have had such poor speeds I have access to 4 phone lines. It has made switching between providers simpler, as I never lost all my connections at once. So with the upgrade to FTTC I've dropped by one line to three. I know I'm spending more but I need high availability on my internet for work. If my speeds are really good I might go down to 2 connections, but it is cool having Sky, BT and EE to shuffle between.

Asus DSL-AC68U

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to