General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 18-Jan-12 21:21:53
Print Post

BT Infinity problem on Sheffield Beauchief exchange?

[link to this post]

Hi there,

Used to have an account on adslguide.org but everything has been going so swimmingly I've not visited for years smile Unfortunately I have had by Infinity modem replaced by BT and (I'm not saying this is the cause of the issue) at the moment I am getting lots of errors when browsing websites and some of the content not loading with some pages not loading at all. Even posting this now I can see a 'Bad Request' error at the top of this page.

A lot of the time I get a Firefox popup warning (on iMac at the moment but happens with any PC) stating the following -

'SSL peer reports incorrect Message Authentication Code. (Error code: ssl_error_bad_mac_alert)'

From a bit of Google searching I have seen a handful of people on the official PlusNet forums complaining of the same thing over the last few days in Sheffield and most on the same exchange as me.

Anyone having the same problems or have any idea what to do next? I fear the standard support at BT will get me trying all sorts with my browser and computers when I'm rather confident they are not the problem. A few posts on the forum think it may be an exchange issue but who do I contact about that?

Browsing anything at the moment is proving to be quite a nightmare and speeds are down so badly as well.

Any help is appreciated!

Dave
Standard User infydave
(regular) Wed 18-Jan-12 21:25:41
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity problem on Sheffield Beauchief exchange?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

logged in now...looks like I still do have the account!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 19-Jan-12 09:50:11
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity problem on Sheffield Beauchief exchange?

[re: infydave] [link to this post]

Hi,

I am in Totley...I hane BT Infinity and and am also experiencing eactly the same problems. They started Tuesday 17th.
I am getting the same error code (Error code: ssl_error_bad_mac_alert) on many websites and am having problems sending emails.
I was beginning to wonder if it was something internal on my machine, but I'm sure now that it must be a BT issue.
can anyone shed any further light on this?

cheers
John

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to