General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-12 18:47:46
Print Post

Change to roll-out plan?

[link to this post]

Up 'till now the OpenReach roll-out has shown my exchange - Brackley - with an SAUID of SMBB which is Banbury. It's been assumed that means our exchange is not going to be upgraded and that perhaps long term would even be closed. Now it's showing Brackley with an SAUID of SMBY. Do you think BTor have made a mistake or finally realised they'd got it wrong before?

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he can smile

Edited by Andrue (Mon 23-Jan-12 18:52:04)

Standard User lee111s
(learned) Mon 23-Jan-12 18:56:28
Print Post

Re: Change to roll-out plan?

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrue:
Up 'till now the OpenReach roll-out has shown my exchange - Brackley - with an SAUID of SMBB which is Banbury. It's been assumed that means our exchange is not going to be upgraded and that perhaps long term would even be closed. Now it's showing Brackley with an SAUID of SMBY. Do you think BTor have made a mistake or finally realised they'd got it wrong before?

Looking here you can see that the exchange is earmarked for FTTC for March 2012. This is often the exchange ready date and not the ready date of all cabinets to be upgraded to FTTC.

The best thing to do it check your telephone number using the BT Wholesale availability checker wink
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-12 20:02:21
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lee111s:

Looking here you can see that the exchange is earmarked for FTTC for March 2012. This is often the exchange ready date and not the ready date of all cabinets to be upgraded to FTTC.

The best thing to do it check your telephone number using the BT Wholesale availability checker wink
That wasn't what I was asking.

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Jan-12 20:13:41
Print Post

The SAUID just means which actual exchange the Fibre cabling to the cabinets on your exchange are being fed from (e.g. the head-end).

So, it just means that cabinets on your exchange are being upgraded, but that the fibre cable is not fed from your local exchange (which makes no difference).

For example our exchange, Saddleworth, is FTTC enabled (and some cabs live etc) but the FTTC is fed from the Oldham exchange.

James

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User Moradin
(learned) Mon 23-Jan-12 20:57:32
Print Post

I wouldn't even rely on that..

its not always right.

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-12 21:01:25
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
The SAUID just means which actual exchange the Fibre cabling to the cabinets on your exchange are being fed from (e.g. the head-end).

So, it just means that cabinets on your exchange are being upgraded, but that the fibre cable is not fed from your local exchange (which makes no difference).
Well you understood more of my post than the first responder did, I'll give you that.

What I'm wondering is why has the SAUID changed? Have the documents been incorrect for the last six months or is this a mistake? Have other SAUIDs been 'fixed'? Could it be that no-one is being supplied from 'out of town' and it was all a documentation error?

I think the error is probably in this document. When my cab was installed just before Christmas they dug a trench all the way out to the main road heading away from the exchange. The new cabinet is closer to the exchange than the old one so must already be within a couple of metres of existing ducting. In effect the new trench extended the existing ducting over a hundred metres further away from the exchange.

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Mon 23-Jan-12 21:09:32)

Standard User Adsl24
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Jan-12 21:07:05
Print Post

There were a couple of months where the Openreach website listed the SAUID as the serving exchange in the FTTC coming soon documents, so yes, we think this was by mistake. What you are saying is the same thing, so I would not worry about it - it's the same for every exchange as they have now updated the list,

James
ADSL24 Broadband
http://adsl24.co.uk
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-12 21:13:09
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
There were a couple of months where the Openreach website listed the SAUID as the serving exchange in the FTTC coming soon documents, so yes, we think this was by mistake. What you are saying is the same thing, so I would not worry about it - it's the same for every exchange as they have now updated the list,
Oh I'm not worried about it - was just curious. In my case though I think this document must be the mistake.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Brackley...

The two cabinets are at the roundabout bottom right, either side of the bottom exit. The new trench was dug to the roundabout top left then around the 'headland'. Still rather odd but it didn't extend back toward town so I'm guessing it met a fibre that crosses the A422.

Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Mon 23-Jan-12 21:16:27)

Standard User lee111s
(learned) Mon 23-Jan-12 23:57:01
Print Post

That wasn't what I was asking.

Alright Mr Misery. I was only trying to help.

Get a grip.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 24-Jan-12 01:01:32
Print Post

Alright Mr Misery. I was only trying to help.

Get a grip.
/me chuckles.
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4083780-re-...

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to